I bought this just after it came out, earlier this year, but it has been sitting on the to do pile as a couple of modelling friends said it was a tricky build. Anyway I thought I'd give it bash and gosh what a surprise, it was a joy to put together. After last years Defiant, I thought Airfix could get no better but the Stuka literally clicked together. I used the merest smear of filler to repair a scar where I had been clumsy removing the part from the sprue and though there are ejector pin marks on the inside none are visible after assembly.

37401282616_e19ced45d0_b.jpg

I don't normally like to have my aircraft with their innards on display but the engine was so lively that I thought I'd give it a go.

I don't know how the kit assembles with the cowlings in place of the engine but that's for the next one.37401284116_502721ac44_b.jpg

I did have trouble fitting the rear bulkhead which did need a lot of sanding, I also have a large bag of spare parts, probably about as many as I used to finish the kit.

36739535344_79af68f6b6_b.jpg36739533894_cff47bb75e_b.jpg

I used some ROP decals to finish her as a machine of 8/St.G51 I've always wanted to do a Stuka in this scheme with the comet tail since reading a book on the aircraft of the Battle of Britain in about 1970!. I know the actual markings are dated for the French Campaign but thought it might till be carrying them later. I have built a number f Hasegawa B-2s and converted a couple to B-1s using resin conversions, but this is a class above those kits. 

I hope you see that I am very impressed with kit. Thanks for looking

• Like 21

Good job on the Stuka! I have a Fujimi kit (or two), but I might have to pick this one up also. The very first kit I ever built (nearly half a century ago, and I still have it!) was the ancient Stuka-ish Airfix kit. It would be interesting to compare the two, although I suspect it would be like comparing the Airfix Il-2(ish) with the Tamiya Il-2.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1