B 29 "Bockscar", 1/72 Academy

Hi,

I was announcing that my next finished will be Potez 29 but it is "29", but B 29. I started this model in Christams 2014 and then it was in a kind of freeze...

Now I finished (intending to present "Bockscar" while made his atom mission over Nagasaki - so without nose art etc. ):

b29 DSC06574b29 DSC06585b29 DSC06582b29 DSC06581b29 DSC06580b29 DSC06578b29 DSC06579b29 DSC06577

I made both bombs included in box ( abit reshaped and upgrated): "Fat man" and "Little boy"

b29 DSC06586b29 DSC06587

I have to do a kind of stand, but not done yet. Perhaps a trolley, but I do not have drawings for it...

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

IMG_3944.jpg

Edited by JWM
GB logo added, corrected typo
  • Like 44

LostCosmonauts and corsairfoxfouruncle - many thanks, I appreciete your kind comments :).

This was not a simply build. The size of model makes it not very handy...

Cheers

J-W

45 minutes ago, KRK4m said:

Extremely well job for the BRUSH applied silver enamels (4 shades or more?).

Chapeau bas !

Michael

Many thanks - I think six by brush and polished with linien (humbrol 11, 56, 191, two shades metalizers and one mix of white and 11 for central aluminum-manganeze alloy) and Tamiya rattle can as the seventh one (only on wings ) :)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KRK4m said:

Extremely well job for the BRUSH applied silver enamels (4 shades or more?).

Chapeau bas !

Michael

Many thanks - I think six by brush and polished with linien (humbrol 11, 56, 191, two shades metalizers and one mix of white and 11 for central aluminum-manganeze alloy) and Tamiya rattle can as the seventh one (only on wings ) :)

Cheers

J-W

45 minutes ago, John_W said:

Very nice build.

I am so used to your excellent SCW builds I had to check the username twice to make sure it was you.

Needs a B17 to make up the family.

John, many thanks. BTW - here are my B17s

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978609-two-fortresses-academy-172/

9 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Very nicely done. :clap:

Mark, thank you :)

32 minutes ago, Chaotic Mike said:

You *brushed* that NMF?  Kudos!

Thank you! Yes the major part I brushed followed by polishing using a sheet of linen. Therefore it took me 3 years to finish...;). Finally I gave up and on some areas of wings I sprayed from Tamiya rattle can...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

On 3.10.2017 at 10:04 AM, Jure Miljevic said:

Minimum of marking, just as it should be for Nagasaki mission a-bomber. Strangely enough, such plain markings suit very well to streamlined Art Deco style B-29's shape. Congratulations, Jerzy-Wojtek. Cheers

Jure

Jure, many thanks :)

On 3.10.2017 at 10:25 AM, Vinnie said:

That's great Jerzy, I assume you live in a big house. :D

Many thanks! Indeed, I do not complain lack of room yet ;). B29 is not the biggest - the biggest are two Messerschmitt Gigants (321 & 323) 

Edited by JWM

1 hour ago, TheLurker said:

Can I join the chorus singing the praises of that NMF?  It's stunning.

Many thanks for joining this choir :)

1 hour ago, Habu12 said:

It may be Bock's car, but it was Sweeney's bird when Fat Man was dropped.

Indeed, the pilot flying "Great artist" took Bocks car over Nagasaki. Anybody know why? Since "Great artist" was there as assiting bird I think...

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM

14 minutes ago, JWM said:

Many thanks for joining this choir :)

Indeed, the pilot lying "Great artist" took Bocks car over Nagasaki. Anybody know why? Since "Great artist" was there as assiting bird I think...

Cheers

J-w

Because "The Great Artiste" was full of instrumentation from the Hiroshima drop. When the Kokura (original target) mission was pushed up by two days, the Artiste hadn't had all the equipment removed. Rather than move gear, they moved crews. Sweeney flew Bockscar and Bock flew Artiste.

• Like 1

Love to see this kit done so well!

I have an Academy 1:72 B-29 in my stash (as yet unstarted) and it's nice to see the finished model.

The hand-applied NMF really looks the part!

Well done!

:clap:

• Like 1