PK-17 Bf 109 E

vppelt68

Just posted an order and paid 15,49£ incl. shipping for a Matchbox Emil. That in my opinion was money well spent! Cemented one together when I was more child than today, it must have been before '79 and haven't even seen one since. V-P

Edited by vppelt68
Added that PK- prefix
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Just posted an order and paid 15,49£ incl. shipping for a Matchbox Emil. That in my opinion was money well spent! Cemented one together when I was more child than today, it must have been before '79 and haven't even seen one since. V-P

Nice one V-P. Luckely it is still a week to go before it starts.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I knew something good would follow from buying that Jagdpanther... And when I got back home, there was a parcel from Kingkit waiting for me in the mailbox :bounce::bounce::bounce:!

I believe this kit - I mean this exact one I bought - must me mighty old, as I can't recall Matchbox kits coming in anything else than an end-opening box with clear window? This one is definitely different!

Box

"Quality engineered in two colours", it says and I must agree! "Finished model with parts and decals as supplied - no painting necessary."

:hmmm:Maybe I just have to brush on some Humbrols - this time! It does come with a stand and thin wheels for posing it in-flight. I think that option can't be avoided!

2017-10-11_07-27-30

This kit made me very, very happy... Once again! Best regards, V-P

• Like 8

Its a very nice little kit. Indeed one resides in my stash and very nearly made the cut for this GB. Maybe if I get the Boeing done reasonably quickly..................:hmmm:

Martian

20 hours ago, shatters said:

I wonder  when it was that kits stopped including swastikas? 

Here in Germany it was 1979, when they stopped using swastikas in public. The sellers had to cut them out  from each decal film and paint them over on the old boxarts on the boxes. In fact Germany is the only land in the world, where their use in public is forbidden under penalty (§ 86a III StGB). So Matchbox, Airfix and all others had to remove them, when tading with/ in Germany.

This was part of the litigation and jugded by the BGH (supreme court) dealing with Matchbox PK 83 and 171:

https://www.jurion.de/urteile/bgh/1979-04-25/3-str-89_79/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bbudde said:

(§ 86a III StGB).

Does stgb stand for single type group build?

Nice choice, The Bf 109 is one of my favorite Matchbox kits, I built the Romanian version again about a year ago and may add the desert version to this group build.

30725697611_3232515e33_k.jpg

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, old thumper said:

Does stgb stand for single type group build?

I often wondered, what the heck they build there in or for  the Strafgesetzbuch (StGB) von Deutschland:whistle::D

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

When Ray Rimmel built his Battle of Britain collection for the RAF Museum back in 1979-1980 he used the Matchbox Bf109E in preference to the Airfix kit. It certainly looked the part when he was finished with it. 

John 

• Like 1