White Vulcans

Lord Riot

Good evening

Does anyone know which of the XM-serialled Vulcans sported the anti-flash white colour please?

I'd like to make the Airfix 'XH558' kit as a white one, but it'll need to be an XM serial because of the 301 style jet pipes on the kit.

I read recently that some later Vulcans were delivered camouflaged and never wore the white scheme. Is there a list anywhere that shows which were white? I think the latest example of a white one I've seen is a photo of XM604. Can anyone recommend the best aftermarket decals for this colour scheme too please?

Thanks!

On 9/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, Lord Riot said:

Good evening

Does anyone know which of the XM-serialled Vulcans sported the anti-flash white colour please?

I'd like to make the Airfix 'XH558' kit as a white one, but it'll need to be an XM serial because of the 301 style jet pipes on the kit.

I read recently that some later Vulcans were delivered camouflaged and never wore the white scheme. Is there a list anywhere that shows which were white? I think the latest example of a white one I've seen is a photo of XM604. Can anyone recommend the best aftermarket decals for this colour scheme too please?

Thanks!

Doesn't the kit come with a 617 squadron white scheme?  It certainly used to.

On 9/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, Lord Riot said:

Good evening

Thanks!

I've got some spare sets from the older edition. I bought mine second hand and was rather chuffed to find an envelope inside with about 20 original decal sheets inside.   It has the markings for XL321 of 617 squadron.  A Blue Steel aircraft.  However, judging from your message perhaps it wasn't a 301 jet pipe aircraft.  Anyway, PM me and I'll send you one.

18 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I've got some spare sets from the older edition. I bought mine second hand and was rather chuffed to find an envelope inside with about 20 original decal sheets inside.   It has the markings for XL321 of 617 squadron.  A Blue Steel aircraft.  However, judging from your message perhaps it wasn't a 301 jet pipe aircraft.  Anyway, PM me and I'll send you one.

Thank you Meatbox, that's brilliant!

Incidentally, according to Wikipedia (I know!) Vulcans from XM645 on were never white. 

On 2017-10-03 at 7:09 PM, charlie_c67 said:

Shrinking this down to 1/144...does the Pit Road Vulcan have the right tailpipes for a White Vulcan? Afraid I've no idea!

Yes you can, it has the Olympus 201 engines and the Fundekals decal sheet has four options you can build in the white scheme with those engines.

Edited by Scooby