1/72 - Mil Mi-24P "Hind-F" (new variant) by Zvezda - released - new Black Dog set & HAD Decals

Homebee

whelp I do have Eduard limited edition Hind since it's very first release so I guess I'll be cloning that part and keep the original stored away,also have to reinstall Metal Gear Solid and check if I still have the pics taken from MGS IV as I have different projects in mind and I not enough space for more Eduard's boxes :-\

Mtl19pZ.jpg

Spoiler

one will probably fit tough but better keeping that space clean :P

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 6:03 PM, Homebee said:

Dedicated Mikro Design PE set - ref. MD72220

Thanks!

They also made exterior and ASO

https://microdisign.ru/products/1-72/bloki-lozhnykh-teplovykh-tceley-lttc-aso-2v

https://microdisign.ru/products/1-72/mi-24-v-vp-p-ksterer

BTW it's also worth to note ACE models years ago released PE sets dedicated also to Mi-24P

http://acemodel.com.ua/en/model/510

http://acemodel.com.ua/en/model/511

http://acemodel.com.ua/en/model/525

P.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 5:08 AM, RODH2 said:

Taking SCALE into account, the Monogram tail boom doesn't seem shorter than the Zvezda offering......The Monogram tail rotor clashes with the main Rotor and rear Elevator "wings', but it seems the rotors are too long, as opposed to the tail boom being too short, as has been stated many times. Anyone have any thoughts on this......?

Only just seen this, but compared with the 4+ plans (which seem very good) the Monogram tailboom is too short towards the rear and the fin supporting the tail rotor isn't raked back enough, both of these features bringing the tail rotor too far forward.  

I guess that is why CMK released an extension plug for the kit.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:30 PM, kotey said:

Actually only one last sprue is new, all other - same as in Mi-24V/VP model.

One small thing - I just noticed when I fondled  mine that sprue A now contains a pilot as a single piece, while the Mi-24A / V / VP boxings had both crew members as multipiece items. 

Cheers,

Andre 

On 1/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, kotey said:

And yes, i'm initially going to make three timelines of Mi-24s decals - early (A and D),.....

Great news, do you when the Mi-24A Hind A sheet will be available?

Also, will it cover the Vietnam Air Force schemes?

Thanks,

• 4 months later...
42 minutes ago, Homebee said:

HAD decals - ref. 72193 - Mil Mi-24D / V / P in Hungarian Service

Source: http://hadmodels.eu/?product=72193-mi-24d-v-p-in-hungarian-service-172&lang=en

72193-Mi-24-webre-borito-250x184.jpg

V.P.

Why there is no current painting scheme, they could wait a little? Andrey, hope this new hungarian scheme will be included to your new Begemeot Mi-24p decals.237626.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, stakor said:

Why there is no current painting scheme, they could wait a little? Andrey, hope this new hungarian scheme will be included to your new Begemeot Mi-24p decals.

Well, HAD is allways strange.

The overhauled ones arrive was expected in approx May, but didnt come untill Sept. Also just four came back untill now from the eight anyway.

...And they still hiding them. Maybe there will be some good shots in the Deffense Forces magazine.

By the way, at least I can say that the paint is antracit overall

It looks horrible! 

Only because all current Russian helis are painted like this . . .   It is the way they returned from overhaul in Russia. 

(Just one question: A NATO country doing overhaul of its attack helicopters in the opposing sides factory,  seriously ?????????? )

Idiots in the Ministry ordered them painted the “Russian way” because it looked alright to someone (or they were told that it will look OK).

Of course this is only my opinion.

Best regards

Gabor

HaHa!! :) Exactly the same discussions in Poland. I liked multicolour camo pattern more than overall green that we have now. And I like Hungarian new gray hinds in low-viz.

As for the decision to renovate in Russia, seems to me it is politically in line with the the current government ... I think you should be glad you have them overhauled - we have only small modifications done within past 10 years, and without new engines perspective for this construction is small (mi-24 in Poland will be in use for another 10 years, we also use old D vriants).

BTW - in Russia helicopters (Mi-35s, Mi-28Ns and Mi-26s) last 3-4 years painted in camouflage again, so this Mi-24s painted in "old new" scheme. 

About overhaul Hungarian helicopters in "State of evil" - money wins against any political convictions. This separation for two sides - white-black, warm-cold, good-bad - only for TV and news agencies, not for buisness.

Edited by kotey
  • Like 1

Hi Kotey,

There is NO „State of Evil”!!! There is one side and the other, they have different ideas and way of thinking, but they can still live in peace side by side.  It is simply a question of different and opposing sides.

Overhauling or ordering equipment from the “other side” has considerable military questions both in political and technical side. It is obvious but it is a long story!

Hi Stakor,

Yes you are right it was a political decision and not economic, the current government is not really sure which side they belong to:wall:

But returning to the Hind, we have already retired them few years ago (2012) and one Mi-24P had flown its last flight hours in the Die Hard 5 movie (A Good Day to Die Hard). They have run out of technical resources and all were grounded and one by one sold off or used for monuments. Only the last half dozen are now overhauled. Overhaul is not equivalent of modernization! It is simply an extension of service and airframe time! And painting in new camo.  :(

The Grey camo of Gripens or of Polish F-16's is a true "Low Viz" but this almost black paint sticks out like a sore thumb in the scorched landscape! 

I look forward to the Zvezda kit and will definitely build it in the early camouflage colour!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

There is NO „State of Evil”!!! There is one side and the other, they have different ideas and way of thinking, but they can still live in peace side by side.  It is simply a question of different and opposing sides.

Overhauling or ordering equipment from the “other side” has considerable military questions both in political and technical side. It is obvious but it is a long story!

Briliant word, Gabor.

I'm said about „State of Evil” with sarcasm - i'm live in this country all my life and know how it is - its real life. So, lets talk about model, about policy will talk without us politicans.

Politics in this case directly influence what the "new" Mi-24P's look like! This is why it was mentioned.

As to ordering or overhauling "on the other side", it is a bit of far fetched example but I dont think Russia would ever send its Su-35S for overhaul to the US.  For obvious reasons! B) nor the F-22 arriving to a Russian ARZ.

Look forward to any decal to make this  kit more authentic!!! :D

Best regards

Gabor

And BTW as i know now Mil bureau have proposition to convert Mi-24Vs and Mi-24Ps with enoughf flight resourse time up to Mi-35M level (Mi-35M 2302 - demonstrator). So maybe Hungarian AF will operate second life Hinds.

1534939691_5_80b385ec.jpg

Dont think so. Unless we leave NATO and once again become a satilite state of Moscow. (Well we are already . . .)

They need a stop gap solution as the GREAT Hungarian AF only has about a handfull of operational Mi-17's left, most of the original Hind pilots are gone so a restart of Mi-24 operations is a real headache!!! It is a big problem! 

Now they are looking at Western types. The ones they are looking at is a joke :D and only have a fraction of capabilities of the Hind. So I think our Polish friends are in a much better situation!

But lets go back to model building as it is getting very far from the original subject.

Best regards

Gabor

On 10/13/2018 at 7:17 PM, kotey said:

And BTW as i know now Mil bureau have proposition to convert Mi-24Vs and Mi-24Ps with enoughf flight resourse time up to Mi-35M level (Mi-35M 2302 - demonstrator). So maybe Hungarian AF will operate second life Hinds.

1534939691_5_80b385ec.jpg

4 already came back to Hungary. They got a general overhaul with lifetime axpansion. 7 years or 1000 hours. The navigation system is uprgraded with VOR and and nightwision compatible cockpit. Either there is an LCD inside. Ps: the two Vs flare dispanser is moved from the tailboom to the sides like the Ps have them.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:32 PM, ya-gabor said:

Dont think so. Unless we leave NATO and once again become a satilite state of Moscow. (Well we are already . . .)

They need a stop gap solution as the GREAT Hungarian AF only has about a handfull of operational Mi-17's left, most of the original Hind pilots are gone so a restart of Mi-24 operations is a real headache!!! It is a big problem! 

Now they are looking at Western types. The ones they are looking at is a joke :D and only have a fraction of capabilities of the Hind. So I think our Polish friends are in a much better situation!

But lets go back to model building as it is getting very far from the original subject.

Best regards

Gabor

Your bullshitting is realy harmful.

The choppers overhauled by that plant that have the license to do so.

That "handfull" ammount is like 10 Mi-8 and 17.

Tha contract of the Mi-24's overhaul included the pilot training.

Dunno which type do you think is a joke. Maybe the H-145M? Well, better inform first, its not a green EC-145 but rather an uprgraded Lakota, see HForce system.

Surely its not a dedicated attack helicopter, but to have utilty ones are prior.

But the neigbours grass... :)