1/48 Revell F-15E "Never Forget" *Now "Twin Towers"*

FortyEighter

Whilst I decide what to do with my first entry "Nowhere to Hide", I'm going to get on with a Revell boxing that got started a couple of years ago - this build is a good excuse to try and complete it.

Stu, I'm assuming that this will be accepted as it is no further than your 72nd Hasegawa Eagle

20170929_180044

At this stage I'm not sure which actual airframe it will be - that may depend on which "Never Forget" decals I already have, or what Hannants have in stock when I get round to looking.

• Like 2

• FortyEighter changed the title to 1/48 Revell F-15E "Never Forget" *Now "Twin Towers"*

This one is also progressing and is ready for the HUD to be fitted before painting.

Have decided to model 87-0208 "Twin Towers" but not 100% sure which squadron it was allocated to when it had this nose art.  The Print Scale decal sheet lists it as belonging to 391st Bold Tigers (MO) but the actual decals are for 336th Rocketeers (SJ).  According to the F-15Einfo website it was only at Mountain Home but I can find photos on the net where it has the Seymour Johnson code!?  Definitive photos of which unit it flew with whilst wearing the nose art are elusive.

I've also been working on a mixed bag of weapons for this and "Nowhere to Hide" - will post photos tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...