Clear h2s mk.iv blister on a Lincoln

woody37

Hi guys,

does se anyone have any good close ups of the larger clear h2s blister on the Lincoln? From what I can see, there are some joins that are visible on the clear ones that I'm planning to replicate with some matt varnish

thanks

Woody

I have the Warpaint publication and while there are only good close ups of the housing that are "coloured" and not clear there are two pictures on page 14 that clearly show the outlines of joins.  Happy to scan that page over to you.  Drop me a PM.

I guess you will be aware that there were 2 different types of housing, one for the Mk 3G and another for the Mk 4A.  One looks more like the Lancaster housing and the other like it had been on steroids!

Hi John,

ive got that in front of me. The lower one is the earlier smaller radome and the one in the top left is quite hard to tell. If I can't get anything, I may copy the layout of the smaller one.

cheers

neil

Good Morning Woody,

As I recall from my Training days a while back, Lincoln radomes were split vertically and the fore and aft sections were glued together with Tensol cement in a jig.  There were also internal re-enforcing strips of "plastic" that had to be inspected and renewed as required.  I have no clear shots of the early transparent radomes but have cobbled together a few enlargements from photographs in my collection with notes added.  The radomes were transparent (as were radomes on some late model Mosquito NF versions) to allow for radio transparency.  Painted radomes came in a bit later with the introduction of radio transparent "enamel" paints.

Hope the attached help

gGXa0cW.jpg

o21TmtN.jpg

Royal Aeronautical Society Photo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1