Cunard Queen Elizabeth 2, Otaki 1:450

neilg

2 hours ago, dominic_2005 said:

I am also on the hunt for the Tamiya black pane line...seems to be rarer than a hens teeth.

Interesting about the hull colour for these two sisters, I always assumed they were both black. The revell kit for the QMII calls for it to be painted black as well.

I was going to use black with a satin varnish, but I'm really pleased with how the blue turned out.  I'll use it for the QM2 as well.

The Tamiya panel line stuff is good, but good lord it stinks!  It made my apartment smell like I had fresh tarmac laid down.

47 minutes ago, neilg said:

I was going to use black with a satin varnish, but I'm really pleased with how the blue turned out.  I'll use it for the QM2 as well.

The Tamiya panel line stuff is good, but good lord it stinks!  It made my apartment smell like I had fresh tarmac laid down.

Oh I like that smell! I'm strange.

• 6 years later...

Hi Nileg,

Your build of the QM 2 is really nice. I have the airfix 1/600 QE2 which I plan to build soon. Can you tell me what is the paint that you have used for red part of the hull.

Thanks

Kind regards 

pemodoller

On 19/01/2024 at 04:58, pemodeller said:

Hi Nileg,

Your build of the QM 2 is really nice. I have the airfix 1/600 QE2 which I plan to build soon. Can you tell me what is the paint that you have used for red part of the hull.

Thanks

Kind regards 

pemodoller

Hi, pemodoller.

Thanks I'm glad that you like it.

The red part of the hull is Tamiya TS-33 Dull Red spray paint.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

Thanks very much, Tamiya TS-33 Dull Red spray paint is a nice colour. The airfix instruction colour call out is hull red, which is not a really nice colour.

I have the airfix kit and I am building it now.

• 1 month later...

Nice model of the QE2 taking shape here, and will be following this thread.

Evokes memories of doing a crossing on the ship from New York to Southampton in 1993.

Edited by Noel Smith