1/72 - Sukhoi T-10-10 RAM-K "Flanker-A" by Modelsvit - released

Homebee

A Backfin, now that would be nice, your Generalship! I say old chap, but you do have good taste in unusual Soviet flying hardware. You do know that A&A (a related concern, methinks), have come out with that must refulgent of aeroplane thingies, the La-200B. Now, pray tell, what could top that!?

As always, I remain your ever-most trusted servant and devotee,

Jason

• Like 1

Cheque's in the post dear thing...yes, I was forewarned of this impending disaster earlier in the year and have had one on discounted pre-order from Hannants ever since. The pace of Modelsvit is impressive with the quality improving on each release....other manufacturers should take note.

I now look forward to the release of the original Su-15, a strange blighter...always reminds me of an open-mouthed Basking shark crossed with a recalcitrant and annoyed Blobfish. I had the old Unicraft resin years ago but that's long since vanished, don't see many made up, I know Ken did one.

There are a few more strange Soviet crates, how about the Su-10, (again, Unicraft have had at it), Tu-82 and Yak-28-64.

• Like 1

Now the Su-10 and the Tu-82 would be great to see, as would a Tu-73. As I recall, the Tu-82 and the Tu-73 were actually rather attractive aircraft, unlike my beloved La-200B and Mr. Basking Shark/Blobfish (the Su-15). The Su-10 is neither attractive nor ugly, just rather bizarre, which is just how I like my aircraft. Amodel/Avis/A&A/Modelsvit do all seem to be rather keen on separating me from my ill-gotten lolly, bless them. Wasn't somebody coming out with a Tu-14 Bosun, or did I dream it? I realise that we have taken this thread rather off the rails, but that's to be expected once we've graced a thread with our august presences. I suppose the headmaster shall be along any moment now to box our ears and tell us to get back to our translating The Gallic Wars.

Bestest Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

I had the same dream about Tu-14:

It is getting a bit unlikely we'll see that in 2017, though. But no worries, Modelsvit still produces new kits faster than I can build them.

• Like 1

Yes - that's the very one! Now that is something to look forward to in 2018! I do hope they do the earlier version, the Tu-73 with the tail engine and the two turrets, but perhaps I'm getting greedy.

Regards,

Jason

• 2 months later...