This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Scooby

Tamiya new release 109 picture leaked.....

I am someone who said, and believed, the last thing the world needs is another 1/48 G-6. The engineering of that kit has changed my mind.

22 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

I am someone who said, and believed, the last thing the world needs is another 1/48 G-6. The engineering of that kit has changed my mind.

Exactly my thoughts, if they can keep the price down  to that quoted by Hyperscale ( 3700yen=approx£25 ) but I'm not holding my breath, I will seriously consider buying one.

7 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

I'm out then, I won't pay that much for a single engine 1/48 kit however well engineered it is.

Tamiya kits are always expensive. Twenty years ago they ran about $25-$35 in the local Hobby shops. But spending $50 when the kit has no aftermarket in it gives me pause.:hmmm: While the review on hyperscale has been glowing, I've learned not to trust kit reviews there. I'll wait until more critical reviews come in from others who will go over all the pros and cons in a journalistic manner.

I don't think I'll be buying this kit, but I have a friend who wants one, and he doesn't like the Internet, so I'll order one for him from HLJ and throw in some items I want. I paid about $28 for the Tamiya Ki-61 including shipping. I imagine that this uber kit will run about $40 shipped from Japan. Also if you wait a little while I'm sure you can find a good price online. I've seen Tamiya 1/48 F-14As selling for $80 with free shipping. :eat:

3 hours ago, Plasto said:

I’ll buy two to make up the shortfall from you boys...

My plate will soon be full with the Pe-2 Peshka, a gaggle of Fw-109A-2,3,4, and a much anticipated ZM 1/48 F-4E. Then there's all the other kits I won't have time for!

I'm sure Tamiya will sell many Bf109G-6s. I hope they use the money they make to invest in tooling for a P-38. :idea:

Ridiculously overpriced!

It is ok, I will wait for John to buy one and when he won't be building it, I will buy it half price....

On 01/11/2017 at 11:26 AM, Masinissa said:

I have never had a problem with Eduard's paint masks or any other precut masks. 

Good for you, but I have.....

12 hours ago, IanF said:

Good for you, but I have.....

Me too - Eduard's vinyl masks were not great.