Hello all I thought I’d show this one next. Its a Revellogram P-47D Razorback i did in foil about a Year ago. I did mine as a war weary squadron hack that has a second seat behind the pilot. I chose to do it in the 356th Fighter Group markings circa july or August ‘44. This was before they got their P-51’s and did the famous Red/Blue Diamonds on the nose. So mine only has a simple Red nose. I chose to use the term “4F” as its the US military term for unfit for duty as the plane’s noseart. I added hollow brass barrels to the guns. For the Invasion stripes they were sprayed before foil on the lowers and fuselage. For the upper wings and fuselage i Dry brushed the black and white. I thought it represented the scrubbing off after they were no longer needed pretty convincingly. 

he6X7Wm.jpg

Y8CfZma.jpg

BUxzCm7.jpg

X5XcVQF.jpg

D5Bbohr.jpg

AEWwkaO.jpg

Wwf1CLm.jpg

And yes some P-47’s wore a fifth star & bar because of trigger happy infantry and AA gunners in the beachhead. Mine being War weary likely didn’t fly over the Normandy area but i figured it was done as a Precaution. Hope you like it. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 9

• 4 weeks later...