Revell Harrier GR7 "Lucy" 1/72

This one was built straight OOB with the addition of some Tamiya tape seatbelt and some Rocket launcher / pods which I put together with some bits and peices left over from previous builds. Not sure how accurate they are but I looked at some pictures on the net and felt these were a close approximation.

The model was an absolute pleasure to build and most of the problems were of my own making. I felt there are a couple of problems with the kit, the major one being a poorly molded panel line on the right hand side of the tail-plane, I tried rescribing but could not get it looking right with my Tamiya scribing tool, in all honesty I think it is a bit to harsh for this scale. Have now acquired a Trumpeter scribing tool for my future efforts, I believe it is more suitable for the smaller scale. My other niggle with the kit is that there is no pilot included and no option for a wheels up version, I do like to display my Harriers flying so there may be a conversion at some time in the future.

Problems I caused were the loss of some panel lines on top of the aircraft when I cemented the fuselage together and then sanded the joins , once again tried rescribing with the same results, this also happened around the nose cone. and again I blame the tool, guess I must be a poor workman! 

In the past I have said that I cannot get to grips with weathering, I really am in awe of some of you modelers but I thought on this one I would have a go at a sludge wash. Unfortunately whilst cleaning off the "sludge" I knocked the canopy off, this had taken some fettling in order to fit it and I couldn't get a nice clean join after. Once again I feel I have wrecked what was a reasonable paint job, but I'll let you folks be the judges.

All comments and criticism's will be received with the same good grace as I am sure they will be given.  

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

Thanks for looking.