Klear / Future on Falcon / Squadron Vac Canopies

Rabbit Leader

All, 

Just wondering if anyone has applied Klear / Future etc. to any of the Vac formed canopies sold by Falcon / Squadron? I know I could probably just use a test piece, however just interested to know if anyone has tried it and was it worthwhile? 

I also see that AK Interactive also sells a Clear dipping solution so same question applies to this product - does it behave better than the normal clears? Does this stuff give these flimsy canopies any more rigidity and strength? 

Anyway - thanks for looking and hopefully providing a relevant answer. 

Cheers.. Dave

Dave

I use Klear on canopies all the time, vac form or otherwise. Its definitely worth it.

I think the AK product that you're talking about is Gauzy. Ive not used it as I have most of a bottle of Klear to work through but ive seen mixed reviews online including here on BM. Probably best to stick with the Klear.

HTH

James

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. I’ve just checked last nights ’Future’ dipping results and have to say that there is an obvious improvement. I might give it another go just to provide an extra layer of protection - they are rather thin aren’t they? 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

Thanks Steve, to my eye the canopy frames on some of these Falcon canopies are clearer than the ‘clear’ bits!! I’ve cut up the Harvard 2B canopy in the hope of converting the Academy T-6G. It appears that the whole cockpit assembly fits in place even if you mount it from the lower fuse wing opening, so I should be able to assemble the fuselage (without the cockpit) and then mount this canopy in place. This will allow me to sand and fill and sand and fill until I’m (hopefully) happy with the overall canopy fit. The rest of the build should be a breeze. This step is by far the trickiest bit... Airfix - are you listening!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1