1/72 WW II RAF aircrew, standing

Michael51

Hi Michael (I like the Badger avatar!)

My favourite figures are from PJ Productions - website here. They have a distributor in Aus too; Star Hobbies in Bellambi.

Airfix did a 'pilots and ground crew' set but it's nasty soft plastic - polythene I think. I used one for George 'Johnny' Johnson in my T Tommy build but only out of desperation!

The Revell set has been a 'Holy Grail' for me as they're no longer in production. There's a set on Amazon for £70 - ah ha ha ha! That said, other members say they're a bit oversized.

There's a thread here on BM with some more suggestions:

HTH

Ced :)

• Like 1

If you just need one or two for a display or diorama I can recommend Al Gunthwaite's figures, they are mostly naval, but if you scroll down (here http://www.gunthwaite.co.uk/Range.html) there are standing RAF & FAA air- and ground crew. They're excellent little figures.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

I like to include figures in my models; there are some very nice ones around, but some are quite expensive. If you search on Hannants website for 1:72 figures there are a number of different options come up for varying costs that will give you an idea of what's out there- as well as the options others have noted above.

The Revell figures are good- they are technically out of production but as noted above they come up on EBay fairly often for a reasonable value. The Airfix figures have some nice poses and a nice mix of pilots and ground crew and WAAFs standing around to allow for different scenes, but the aforementioned nasty soft plastic does make it a swine to get paint to stay on them.

• Like 1

Alex, Ced, Stew, VV, MO and elger,

Thank you for your suggestions. Very helpful indeed.

I have half a box of the Revell figures left and will use the two remaining likely candidates from those.

Michael

• Like 1