New Airfix Walrus

Andy Robbins

I live abroad and got mine today and i didn't expected to have a Walrus on my doorstep today!!! Thank you Airfix...

Opened it it up like al little boys do and.......... i was in AWE just in time to grab my jaw before it hit the ground:D

What a kit, that detail just superb...felt even better than my birthday haha.

4 hours ago, janneman36 said:

I live abroad and got mine today and i didn't expected to have a Walrus on my doorstep today!!! Thank you Airfix...

Opened it it up like al little boys do and.......... i was in AWE just in time to grab my jaw before it hit the ground:D

What a kit, that detail just superb...felt even better than my birthday haha.

While we poor 1/72 modellers watch and weep.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, occa said:

Is it a re-release of the SMER 1:50 kit ?

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I only know the new Airfix must be a fantastic kit

Occa, go and stand in the naughty corner and only come out when you've sufficiently repented.  I'm guessing you'll be there a while! ;)

• Haha 2

Haven't seen it yet in the US but plenty of resin and PE parts available. We need a 1/48 Stranraer now......but first, where is that Airfix Spit Mk XIV kit? I have two of the Academy kits and the more I look at them the more I realize that they are perfect examples of what truly fatally flawed kits they are. Where did academy get the dims for their kit? Anyway, dear Airfix, I won't be around in 20 years and it is on my bucket list, so maybe before you release another subject that has been done to death you folks can release the Mk XIV.  Maybe my wife will bury it with me?

Cheers

P.S. The Smer kit isn't all that bad if you want to put in a bit of work and a few aftermarket bits for the SH kit.

• Like 1

I have the kit now and while it looks good I am a bit disappointed with the interior walls being covered in ejection post marks. While they will hopefully disappear when the fuselage is closed up it is a bit of a downer. An image of the side walls is below:

file.php?id=16159

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1