Airfix Avro Vulcan XH558 with home made Bomb Bay ( close up bomb bay photos added 30-9 -17)

RICHW

Been a while since i posted in here  as i have not had much chance to do work on the model up untill now 

once sprayed over with the gloss varnish  it takes the patchy finish out of the green  opened the bomb doors up

44559394901_589bbab591_b.jpgAirfix Avro vulcan XH558 by Richard Warcup, on Flickr

some of the decals added  got the Spirit Of Great Britain printed myself in white  used the wolfpack decal set 

44559383621_1678a624b6_b.jpgAirfix Avro vulcan XH558 by Richard Warcup, on Flickr

44559387721_fbab1eb426_b.jpgAirfix Avro vulcan XH558 by Richard Warcup, on Flickr

44509890202_85210e096d_b.jpgAirfix Avro vulcan XH558 by Richard Warcup, on Flickr

29621214117_86fa93e659_b.jpgAirfix Avro vulcan XH558 by Richard Warcup, on Flickr

added the left bomb door  made a decal up myself to represent the name plaques in the bomb bay   right door still to attach

43649883855_065ef6aba5_b.jpgAirfix Avro vulcan XH558 by Richard Warcup, on Flickr

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Looking to complete a similar build like yours (looks good btw), I have the xh558 boxing of the Vulcan, only thing is the decals don't have the Spirit of Great Britain text. Just wondered how you made yours, I know the difficulty of creating white decals with an inkjet printer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, KristianScudamore said:

Looking to complete a similar build like yours (looks good btw), I have the xh558 boxing of the Vulcan, only thing is the decals don't have the Spirit of Great Britain text. Just wondered how you made yours, I know the difficulty of creating white decals with an inkjet printer.

Hi sorry for the late reply  just found your post 

i got them specially printed in white 

i  got quite a few extras printed  PM me your Address and i will post you a set also has the crew name for under the enterance hatch 

• 2 years later...

I am in the process of building XH558, and like one of the other contributors, am having difficulty finding decals for the interior of the bomb bay doors showing the contributor names ... if you are able to help I would be extremely grateful. Thanks Rod