Hi!

Gav G

Hi,

I'm yet another older modeller returning to the hobby.  I used to build Airfix kits when I was younger; WWI/II mostly and I have a long standing interest in WWI/II armour, planes and ships.  I then went onto paint Warhammer miniatures in the mid 80's.  My rekindled interest stems from being a long time World of Tanks player.  My main interest is WWII armour plus WWI aircraft, although I'd like to do some age of sail ships too.  I did try to build an Airfix age of sail ship about 15 years ago but it wasn't a good kit so I ended up binning it!

I started again at the easy end; a Tamiya 1/35 M41 Walker Bulldog and a Tamiya 1/35 Hanomag 251/1.  Both are works in progress as I keep pausing when I find there's something else I need to order!  I was trying to build the M41 OOB but ultimately decided to do a few things to improve the accuracy without spending much money.  I also need to pick up some airbrush kit now before I can progress much more.  Additionally, I've got an Eduard 1/48 Albratross DV Profipack on order and a mental list of other kits I'd like to buy.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

welcome aboard!

It is exciting to see how many people join BM. Best choice in town IMHO.

Once you are bitten by the modelling bug, you are toast. There is no escape, no matter how hard you try, or how long you stop!

So you might as well have fun; and you will be in good company!

JR