Smart Swallow! 1/72 Airfix Me-262a-1a Schwalbe White 17

Habu12

Airfix is back! The first new tool of the year and it’s a gem! Back is the nice, soft, easy to work with, Indian plastic. The fit is fantastic, and it’s sobwasy to fill and sand. They stumbled with the Victor and P-40. But with this kit, they’re back to their former quality and value. OOB, Xtradecals, TMM enamels. 

YbEXziW.jpg

ijEiHW3.jpgNv3QzKz.jpg2cCGyKz.jpgExGZFAy.jpgJk3dBK7.jpgrGFD2n0.jpgIq0RGST.jpgyTS2Tqp.jpg3xgdORi.jpgvyEhsZX.jpgUYR61hC.jpg

• Like 35

What a lovely - and quick! - build! I'm beginning to think I need an excuse to get one of these beauties!

18 hours ago, Habu12 said:

They stumbled with the Victor and P-40. But with this kit, they’re back to their former quality and value.

Which P-40? I built the 1/48 P-40 and I have never smiled so much while building a kit, so wonderful was the engineering!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

What a lovely - and quick! - build! I'm beginning to think I need an excuse to get one of these beauties!

Which P-40? I built the 1/48 P-40 and I have never smiled so much while building a kit, so wonderful was the engineering!

The P-40B. Detail was soft, panel lines inconsistent, fit was subpar and engineering lazy. It was also in the dark plastic from the UK, which contributed to all of that. The Victor was just like that too. In fact I sold off my P-40 kits, including the one I built. It was a stumble. This kit is a return to their former self.

Edited by Habu12

The first Airfix Swallow I have seen finished.

Thanks for showing!

Looks like you had some issues with the engine/wing fit?

There's a kink on the inboard nacelle-to-wing joint, more prominent on the right side.

I'm building this kit at the moment, and I ran into exactly the same problems.

Greets from Vienna

Roman

• Thanks 1