Peas and Carrots Canso!

Paul J

Almost there.....

IMG_2878_zpsely5mtiq.jpg

main gear legs all fitted... just the wheels to gon and the props...and the aerials... and a repreresentation of the windows.... and then yhat could be it.

IMG_2879_zpsligj91z9.jpg

IMG_2889_zpshszyfvqp.jpg

The kit props are not he same as those fitted according to pics posted here or elsewhere. But seeing as there are none available, I'll use the kit props.... for now.

IMG_2890_zpsl290x8ka.jpg

As you can see all the striping is now dne and leading and trailing edhes of the stripes on all flying surfaces have been touched in with paint.  Just need to find some really fine black stripes for the side hatch panels and suitable ones for the upper fuselage walkways. It looks like there is one on top of the wing I need to add too. Plus windows.

IMG_2891_zpsyvdtdxbb.jpg

Along side something else I am working on at the same time.

To Dogsbody: Many thanks for sharing those lovely close ups of the full size Canso! Not that I could represent or make use of for those very good undercarriage photos. In 1/144 I think it was bad enough to cope with the kit parts;). But some of the other pics have given me an idea of the position and size of the side entry hatches... and the centre line walkway. Most helpful.^_^

PS: By the way, is the hull underside to the planing surface white or light grey? hard to tell for sure from your pics.

• Like 9

Hi. Actually the photos posted a couple posts away were the last progress ones. Just one of the finished ones here and rest in gallery. Its been an adventure. Fun in doing the mods and challenging doing all those stripes. I still need to depict the 'drop' doors to the hull bottom by way of small airliner door decals but unable to find any in my decal stash. But I did add the small windows to the prot side and rear hatches with segments of black decal and also depicted the rear hatches with the finest black striping I could find.... from the ones separating options on Airfix decal sheets!!  When I do I will update the pics. In case no one spotted them I did open up a couple rectangular holes just above and forward of the main wheel bays on each side. I think these are some kind of outlets or vents for a reason. I should have opened them fully before joining the fuselage halves and then make a box backing, but I resorted to just carving them out by knife work. Oh... a piece of stiff wire for the pitot on port wing painted orange to match and some antennas to wing top and upper rear fuselage from bristles and tiny sliver of plastic card for the blade aerial on wing top.Anyway here it is :

IMG_2926_zpsecxgrx7d.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul,

A great job on a great plane.  I'm jealous of dogsbody for being able to see it in person but I was on fires at the time of the show he was at...

Last summer a colleague retired after 41 years fighting fire here in Alberta...and said his favorite bomber was always the Canso.  He would love to see what you've done with that kit.

Cheers,

foresterab