Kevin from somerset saying hello

Kevin Aris

good evening everyone

thank you yo the admin staff for accepting me into the group

i am aged 59 and live in Bridgwater Somerset and have done so since just before leaving the armed forces in 2011

I joined the Royal Navy in 1974 and retired in 1998 but had the opportunity to go back in 3 years later and did another 10 years,

in 1980 I went into the submarine service 

married to my wife Ruth and we have a 2 year old Cocker spaniel

qsbRt3T.jpg

I presently have 3 builds on the go

1/70 marcle SD14 in card

1/72 Caldercraft HMS Victory

91MzIkP.jpg

and my new project which i hope to show progress on here is the 1/72 fleetscale County Class Destroyer HMS fife on which i served for two years 1978 to 1980

baoTxSK.jpg

• Like 4

As my neighbour Franco I also served in the Italian Navy just for about two years, not so long as you.

I'm very happy to see another ship builder and so "welcome on board" from Italy, brother.

Hope to see soon your progress on HMS Fife, I'll follow your work with real pleasure.

A friendly scratch to the sweet cocker,

Fair Winds,

Laerte

P.S.: Please forgive my english...

• Thanks 1

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting a photo of your beautiful model and even more beautiful dog. 1/72 Destroyer! I hope you are going to do a 'work in progress' on that.

Welcome to BM.

Gorby

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gorby said:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting a photo of your beautiful model and even more beautiful dog. 1/72 Destroyer! I hope you are going to do a 'work in progress' on that.

Welcome to BM.

Gorby

Gorby good afternoon, yes i will be doing a build log, i am only a couplenof months into the build, and lol not much to show for it