Sukhoi Su-33, Kinetic 1/48

Stathis

The Kinetic kit of the Su-33 is really good. Nice detail, many parts, no resin needed to my opinion if someone wants to do a decent model. 

But the total dissapointing thing is the instruction sheet. The instructions can be easily misunderstood as they don't explain anything thoroughly... 

I started it with pleasure and trying to do my best. 

The cockpit and whell wells. I forgot to take pictures after the wash and matt varnish. 

P9250001.jpg

P9250015.jpg

P9250007.jpg

P9250008.jpg

P9250006.jpg

P9250009.jpg

The engine fans were painted with Alclad Polishe Aluminium and the intake meshes with Alclad Aluminium. The intakes were painted Alclad Steel. 

P9250010.jpg

P9250011.jpg

P9250016.jpg

P9250018.jpg

P9250019.jpg

The inner pieces of the exhust nozzles painted with Gun Metal and drybrushed with Silver. 

P9250023.jpg

P9250024.jpg 

For the outer pedals I used a technique that I saw on youtube. This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koNEr3CbEBk&t=85s 

I messed it up because the clear colors I have are not Alclad, but Gunze. It doesn't matter. Next time... 

P9250025.jpg

P9250026.jpg

P9250027.jpg 

I have already glued the fuselage pieces together. 

The kit will be made with the wings and tailplanes folded. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys! 

whiskey I use airbrush, but I am not that good in airbrushing tiny spots like these.

On to the kit, I found out that the nose cone has a terrible fit! 

I don't know if it's just my kit or not. I left a little gap with the fuselage and I used superglue, because I have to rescribe the line where the nose cone meets the fuselage. Didn't have the time to take some photos.

• Like 1