Kursk Ferdinand rare camo pattern

Davide Calzolari

On 9/26/2017 at 7:57 PM, italian intruder said:

solo simil mirror ive found is this one,but i've some doubt is the opposite side of the one of the tank above  i said :)

vhdrg4.jpg

That says 113 on the side, so definitely not any of the above.  Someone made a 113 here http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1397639100/Ferdinand

Using the illustrations from what perhaps is the same book?  As you can see, there is way too much olivegrun in the illustrations compared with the actual photo.  This would therefore make me doubt the accuracy of any illustrations in the book.

Also, IIRR the official camouflage guidelines at that point were 2/3 dunklegelb as a base with 1/3 olivegrun in patches; this matches with the photo of 113 but not with the illustrations; again calling the accuracy of the illustrations into doubt.

This bit is off the top of my head so apologies if incorrect, but weren't the "official" camouflage patterns at Kursk dunkelgelb + stripes of both rotbraun and olivegrun?  The obvious caveat with this is that when pigments and time were in short supply, they did when they could!

Edited by Gav G
  • Like 1