She Ain't Pretty... 1/72 Ka-27 Helix

Hello Chaps,

I completely forgot to write this one up in the Work in Progress section, but here's my pretty much completed 1/72 Ka-27 Helix-A, a Russian Navy ASW helicopter which sits somewhere between a Wildcat and a Merlin in modern RN parlance. The kit is from Zvezda - it fitted together pretty well, but it's littered with inaccuracies and came with 4 useable decals. I'm not a big fan of a million tiny decals, but this is very much the other extreme. So all in all it was a pretty average kit in terms of recommendations, but would greatly benefit from another look at aerials and appendages, and especially those little hand rails on either side of the aircraft which are way, way off. Anyhow, here's Russia's entry for the Ugliest Aircraft of All Time:

glnTTEd.jpg

cTcDe11.jpg

LNe0PE9.jpg

YEwHq1R.jpg

3771Qnl.jpg

uKWLyt4.jpg

• Like 26

1 hour ago, Darby said:

I think it looks alright. I wouldn't note inaccuracies. Is that the tail of a Seaking from EGDR I espy in the background?

It certainly Is! But I'm afraid it's a cop out! It's a Corgi die cast which I think might make me a bad person! 

• Like 1

Nicely built Helix and while maybe not pretty it is certainly eye-catching.      There is something about the whole Helix/Hormone family that it wouldn't be surprising to see them without rotors as some sort of spaceship in a dystophian Blade-Runner type future.

• Like 1