MiG 29 A SNIPER/FULCRUM (ROMANIAN AF MKGS) 1/72

danntheman

Parc Models seem to rebox other companies toolings. I believe the Parc Models MiG-29 is a reboxed Condor kit,  a crude kit that is IMHO not worth bothering with. I bought a kit from another company that included the same plastic and I can't see how a good model can be made out of it

You can see with your eyes the plastic at this webpage:

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Mikoyan-Guriewicz-MiG-29-Sniper.html

If the decals are good and you can find one for cheap, it can be a source of decals for other better kits

5 hours ago, danntheman said:

...might try and source decals and use a better kit for this project.

If you go that route and don't have a better source for the decals, you could just go directly to Parcmodels/ Hobby-Park:

http://www.hobby-park.ro/en/produs.php?id=5442&page=1

Even though they are dirt cheap, they are thin and do work just fine.

Edited by niki
edited link
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, niki said:

If you go that route and don't have a better source for the decals, you could just go directly to Parcmodels/ Hobby-Park:

http://www.hobby-park.ro/en/produs.php?id=5442&page=1

Even though they are dirt cheap, they are thin and do work just fine.

Thanks for the link Niki, apart from the decals this seems to be quite a good shop, prices on some items are really good

Yes, the owner has been doing the local modelling community here a big favor over the last two decades, importing kits from both the West and the East. For us locals, prices have always been competitive when compared to ordering by yourself from abroad and covering P&P and even customs fees. Should you guys in the E.U. find a good deal in the shop, it comes with the additional advantage of fast postal transit times and lack of any additional customs/ handling fees at the destination.

All decals and kits under the Parcmodels label are sourced from the Ukraine, so quality is that that you would find in other products stemming from there: good enough not to ruin your day :)

Hi Dann,

one could maybe argue that the Condor kit sports some good-enough contours and perhaps it even scores in the dimensional department, but given alternatives for the 9.12 (MiG-29A) such as the Airfix, Italeri and Trumpeter kits (listed here alphabetically and all with their own little faults), as Giorgio already mentioned, you would certainly be guaranteed a more enjoyable build and a finer detailed result by going for either of those other three labels.

Those moulds I think originate from Aero Team which was reboxed by KP Mastercraft and maybe Condor?

I had the original Aero Team release and Mastercraft rebox and it looked like an Italeri Mig-29 with raised details and different parts layout,don't know about Condor as maybe I only scored an Eastern Express SMT and sold it :-\

Luigi