Ultra sound

paparomeu2017

2 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

After reading that the ultrasound damages/could damage the rubber and teflon sealing gaskets in the airbrush, I dropped the idea of getting one and just clean them the old way.

Vedran 

@dragonlanceHR Could you post a link to this info? It sounds dubious as US cleaners are used for delicate medical equipment, jewellery etc so I'm intrigued, but seeing as I put my H&S, Iwata and newly delivered Olympos Micron through one of these regularly I would like to know. I asked a materials technologist at one of my clients about US damaging Teflon and her response  was "you're confusing Teflon with potato crisps" and walked off grinning!

Edit: Found this from a cleaning material company about PTFE (Teflon) that suggests Teflon is OK  with Ultrasound.

That said many of us here, use ultra sonic cleaners so this tidbit may be significant.

@paparomeu2017 The answer to your question is yes, we do use them and the're called ultra sonic, ultrasound refers to a medical procedure used in scanning unborn babies and the like. 

A

On 9/25/2017 at 8:44 AM, paparomeu2017 said:

Good Morning
the cleaning of the airbrush in all sessions can be done in the ultrasound does not damage the airbrush?
greetings"

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have been using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean my airbrushes for about 9 years with no problems. No damage to the o-rings or metal parts at all.

Cheers,

Julian