Revell Porsche 914+ Rat 914 added 28th Sept.

PatW

Bought from ebay UK as an 'already started' in a fancy box!

photo3-th.jpg

A shade worn! plus other trashed parts of another 914 with the ordinary windscreen,and roof which I'll try and piece together.

This one needed quite a bit of refurb, funny brushed paint of different colours,two piece tyres with hard glue residue but still in pieces. Any way this is the result, decals from the spares box and homemade rollbar set up made from sprue and shaped with a tea light candle.

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

I'll park this outside my Backstreet Garage and put it on the Diorama threads.

Edited by PatW
  • Like 8

That's a cracker Pat, really like that! The 914 was always one of my favourite Porsches, especially after a ride in one that a one time boss of mine had, the handling was fantastic - at least in the dry like it was that day, apparently in the wet it was much more fun! (just like its 911 big brother then!) I've got one of those in a very similar state (& box!) to what you started with - I was going to stick it on e-bay too, but I think I'll keep it now!

Lovely little Porker!

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatW said:

This one needed quite a bit of refurb, funny brushed paint of different colours,two piece tyres with hard glue residue but still in pieces.

Sounds a bit like the one Mike found in Wheeler Dealers and the owner bought it back which says it all,great job Pat...

8 hours ago, malpaso said:

Cool.  I like the SCCA racing look.

Thanks malpaso, but when whilst searching you come across these two whose surprised!

photo2-th.jpg

and

photo1-th.jpg

This is this kit being built on youtube!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That's a cracker Pat, really like that! The 914 was always one of my favourite Porsches, especially after a ride in one that a one time boss of mine had, the handling was fantastic - at least in the dry like it was that day, apparently in the wet it was much more fun! (just like its 911 big brother then!) I've got one of those in a very similar state (& box!) to what you started with - I was going to stick it on e-bay too, but I think I'll keep it now!

Lovely little Porker!

Keith

Thanks Keith, just build it! Yes having seen them on the road in the day, and both racing and rallying, they were only restricted by their engine size at 2 litres max! Being mid-engined they handled better than the 911, but were first marketed as the VW-Porsche 914 because most if not all of the mechanicals were Beetle derived not Porsche!

7 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Sounds a bit like the one Mike found in Wheeler Dealers and the owner bought it back which says it all,great job Pat...

Thanks Vince1159. Yes I saw that programme too and was suitably impressed, although I was always a supporter of the car since I saw it on the road/track and rally stage in the day!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PatW said:

but were first marketed as the VW-Porsche 914 because most if not all of the mechanicals were Beetle derived not Porsche!

Much like the later 'poor man's Porsche' the 924 which should have been an Audi until they decided to cancel it so Porsche went ahead with it under their own name. Poor man's Porsche was an apt name, as I could actually afford one - although I wish I hadn't as it was one of the worst car's I've ever owned...!!

Keith

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Much like the later 'poor man's Porsche' the 924 which should have been an Audi until they decided to cancel it so Porsche went ahead with it under their own name. Poor man's Porsche was an apt name, as I could actually afford one - although I wish I hadn't as it was one of the worst car's I've ever owned...!!

Keith

Yes Keith another one, this time based on Audi mechanicals. Like the 928 with an unknown V8 under the bonnet!

As per the info above I've rebuilt all the broken bits found in the box after finishing the racer above, making a Rat version, adding 13" BBS rims/tyres for the lowered look.

photo4-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

Edited by PatW
  • Like 1