SOVIET BATTLE HORSE-T34/76 MOD 1943-ZVEZDA 1/35

FrancisGL

14 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Francis those leaves just set it off.  It's lots lots better than the first pictures with the old tracks, etc., maybe not masterclass but well on the way to being a masterpiece

Where did you find trees with leaves that small??

Lloyd

Really are not leaves, it consists of an authentic leave, completely dried, and then when it is crisp, crushed and tight, until small pieces to my taste.:think:

I had to go to the mountains to collect leaves of different color and texture, and to test with enough before finding a type that would serve me for what I wanted to do (I did not count them, but they were many ... lol).

It is a very artisan work, laborious and a bit dirty ... why not say it ... :D

I'm sorry to say that I'm not an expert in trees, beyond the common, so I do not know which tree had the right leaves for the job.

If you can not get real sheets easily, I'm sure you can get such modeling material without much trouble.

Maybe, in the forum section of dioramas, some fellow can give you more exact reference to what i comment.

Badder is doing a magnificent job, and the last thing he is doing is with flowers (super-cute and very tiny and vegetation)

Many thanks for your kind words.

Cheers Lloyd :yes:

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent progress Francis. Are you going to change the tow cable?

John.

Many thanks for your interest, yep, tow cables they are going to be changed, but being so little work, I already have them, they are from Eureka XXL, series 1/35 T34s.

I am waiting to receive the ammunition to finish it with all the "cherries of the cake", with final touches of the whole set ...

Cheers John :yes:

• Like 1

On 17/10/2017 at 08:06, Etienne said:

Hello, this T34 turned out very well ... the new tracks are really an upgrade and the leaves :o ... superb !!

E

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like progress, cheers Etienne :yes:

UPDATE 06:

Hi Pals, this week progress consists of the "cherries" of the cake ... lol

First, the tow cables, as I said somewhere, are from Eureka XXL, with plastic / resin grips.

You can see the difference with an old one, now that it's removed from the tank, I do not know what they were thinking about when they manufactured it ...

The first photos, putting them in place, and then painted. I think they have also been worth it, and it has not been expensive (doubly better ... lol)

Another thing I saw, and I really liked, are the shells used above the tank.

For this I have used the Miniart set of munitions of 76 mm, with boxes included.

But I saw for a reduced price, ammunition brass, magical, cute, with a detail that does not bring the Miniart of plastic. This is the brand for the firing pin (you can easily do it with a mini-handheld, I know), but, the quality of the brass, unsurpassed.

One detail, is that brass, do not include decals with the type of ammunition that is, a "microscopic" detail, but those of Miniart, have a full and very good decals.

So brass projectiles + Miniart decals = full shells.

A touch of black in the mouth of each projectile as a detonation to complete them.

I used a box of Miniart for ammunition of 76 mm, and some copper to simulate holding to the side.

Finally I added a tarp of my spare parts, a bucket, a chain in the front, and some track link on the sides.

I have decided not to fix the bucket or the shells, as I will use them as "comodin" for similar constructions, according to me.

At the front, the chain, I added some pigment to simulate the rusting of the oxide with the surface, and in the deposits, diesel stains (Vallejo), which once dried, look very nice/real.

Soon, I will do the series of photos, with the finished model, with the Reflex camera, which is the end point and suitable for any kit (IMHO).

Thank you very much for your interest and comments as always.

cAcQp5e.jpg

r6FenkZ.jpg

3ia0uIY.jpg

7NcN6xm.jpg

Yob3z5p.jpg

r2ijBS8.jpg

enjXKUe.jpg

8jk0o0V.jpg

QOP0BYF.jpg

KFT3Dzr.jpg

irj0Xqy.jpg

nMiAnue.jpg

ek8nqRU.jpg

8jk0o0V.jpg

TgKj3QF.jpg

9fvMh1Y.jpg

qJXmbLY.jpg

nZF8TkC.jpg

ckFV5J7.jpg

2NTruaF.jpg

O4tuZeV.jpg

PdHDtI4.jpg

512dn0T.jpg

c6psXn0.jpg

VbqpBzd.jpg

1HQehy3.jpg

Next update to RFI forum section, cheers mates :D

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 4

Amazing all around Francis, fabulous T34.

The spent shells are so good. Would you be able to share your technique on the black application? There is an 88mm waiting to be built.....

All the best,

R.

• Thanks 1

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:22, FrancisGL said:

Next update to RIP forum section, cheers mates :D

Edited Saturday at 10:23 by FrancisGL

It looks really good Francis, and I'm glad to see that you changed the tow cable.

BTW. You might want to change that RIP to RFI.

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ceithearn said:

Amazing all around Francis, fabulous T34.

The spent shells are so good. Would you be able to share your technique on the black application? There is an 88mm waiting to be built.....

All the best,

R.

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

The technique is simple, much easier than it may seem, I myself did not believe it to be.

Really was a test, I knew what I wanted, but not how to do it, and I came up with the following.

A little black base primer, by its grip, and with the AB, very carefully, spray around wherever we want.

If you do not like it as it is, it is easy to remove, because in this case it is brass.

In your case you have the advantage that the projectiles are bigger, although I do not know if they will be metallic.
In any works the same.

Cheers mate :yes:

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

It looks really good Francis, and I'm glad to see that you changed the tow cable.

BTW. You might want to change that RIP to RFI.

John.

what would I be thinking?:think: ... you're right, RFI, not RIP ... lol:D

Many thanks for your kind comments, cheers John :yes:

Edited by FrancisGL

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, FrancisGL said:

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

The technique is simple, much easier than it may seem, I myself did not believe it to be.

Really was a test, I knew what I wanted, but not how to do it, and I came up with the following.

A little black base primer, by its grip, and with the AB, very carefully, spray around wherever we want.

If you do not like it as it is, it is easy to remove, because in this case it is brass.

In your case you have the advantage that the projectiles are bigger, although I do not know if they will be metallic.
In any works the same.

Cheers mate :yes:

Thank you for sharing your technique. In theory sounds doable....reality can be different :P. Will give it a try on the 88. Also picked up a Sd kfz 222 at the swap meet, both can be friends for the SAS boys.

All the best,

R.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...