SOVIET BATTLE HORSE-T34/76 MOD 1943-ZVEZDA 1/35

FrancisGL

That track looks much much better, you can see the individual links rather than one stretch of boring plastic.  I would leave one fender on, maybe beat it up

pretty badly but I like the look of only one missing, it gives a wider stance and looks more natural.  The side skirts or whatever they are over the tracks would have to be damaged 

too I think if both front fenders were ripped off.

The rest of the model looks pretty darned good to me though and I too am eager to see the final result.

Lloyd 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

That track looks much much better, you can see the individual links rather than one stretch of boring plastic.  I would leave one fender on, maybe beat it up

pretty badly but I like the look of only one missing, it gives a wider stance and looks more natural.  The side skirts or whatever they are over the tracks would have to be damaged 

too I think if both front fenders were ripped off.

The rest of the model looks pretty darned good to me though and I too am eager to see the final result.

Lloyd 

Many thanks for your kind comments and interest, 

I think in almost all my kits, I usually remove a fender, either rear or front, and leave another, because as you say, the daily use of a vehicle, is not an exact science ... lol.
In this case, I'm going to have to remove both, because at the time of mounting that part of the tracks, it's really impossible (at least for me), accessing that site, and the option would be to take off the hull and not me dare

I have been curious about what you say about the fender sides, that's why I've seen about 100 pics of T34s that I have compiled on the Internet, to document myself as much as possible, and although I do not rule out possible, I have not found any model with those parts damaged, only one, that is abandoned, and has been hit on the side by a shot, obviously, damaged and busted ...

Anyway, thank you very much for your advice and opinions.
I hope it does not take too long to finish it, but I do not have much time for the hobby.

Cheers Lloyd :yes:

Well it was just a thought.  Actually now you mentioned it I looked too and couldn't find any T-34s or any of the SU series with damaged side fenders either so they

must have been a lot more robust than the front fenders.  I'm thinking the front fenders were probably just sheet metal and not that strong.

It will look fine with both fenders absent and yes it's a pain to work on tracks with fenders in the way.  I made a booboo and installed the fenders

on a Tiger II before the tracks one time and won't do that again.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

The new tracks are a big improvement Francis, will look fantastic when you have painted and weathered them ! :yes:

Many thanks for your kind words, and for your trust in my ablities, cheers Julian, :yes:

UPDATE 04:

Hi Pals, today I finished the second track, it has been tedious and complicated, because as I said before, it is a very delicate material.

I decided to remove the two front mudguards, because it was not easy, to access the part where the tracks went, anyway, now combiene teach, and not hide.

Start of weathering on the tracks, with layer primer, MIG washes for tracks.

Once dry, clean the excesses a bit, and apply some "metalized" in certain areas.

I think the result is on the right track, the next job, is the weathering on the wheels of the train, and muddy of the tracks, in addition to the back, front and belly of the vehicle.

Thanks for watch and comments as always, :D

Ad61AxJ.jpg

66rDOW9.jpg

vVLHiUD.jpg

rIgpgS7.jpg

WuLxpww.jpg

rzurOTX.jpg

gdTIqaC.jpg

• Like 5

The tracks look fantastic Francis, very realistic. I haven't used, or even seen a 'metalizer' before, but I will be having a gander at them on the web as I'm going to start using after-market tracks when I finish my current diorama and make the AFV's for it.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Badder said:

The tracks look fantastic Francis, very realistic. I haven't used, or even seen a 'metalizer' before, but I will be having a gander at them on the web as I'm going to start using after-market tracks when I finish my current diorama and make the AFV's for it.

Rearguards,

Badder

Many thanks Badder, i'm glad you like it, may not all kits need additional tracks, but certainly this ... could hear their cries for help ... lol

Cheers Badder :yes:

• Like 1

:party:

These tracks really do look the part now! Only thing I'd think might be a bit off is the surface where the roadwheels are touching the tracks, the colour should be a bit different? Just a wild assumption.

/Stefan

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2017 at 11:01, Blaubar said:

:party:

These tracks really do look the part now! Only thing I'd think might be a bit off is the surface where the roadwheels are touching the tracks, the colour should be a bit different? Just a wild assumption.

/Stefan

I think you're right, but at the moment they are not finished, although I suspect that with the weathering that "waits" for them, maybe they will not appreciate ...
I note, to see how the process is maturing ...

many thanks for your kind comments, cheers Blaubar :yes:

On 8/10/2017 at 13:03, Gremlin56 said:

Just taken a second look at the photos of the tracks in a dry state. Very impressive Francis, like it a lot :yes:

No problem, I think the photos are not too good this occasion, a bit blurry and the light is very good either (I fused the bulb, and until I change it ...), but if you look like you've done , I think it was worth the change.
As I mentioned before, the subsequent weathering, sure to change its appearance ...

Cheers Julian :yes:

Thanks for your like, MikeR, cheers mate :D

Thanks for your like, Ripaman, cheers mate :yes:

Thanks for your like, Scanmandan, cheers mate :D

Thanks for your like, SimonT, cheers mate :yes:

Thanks for your like, Dads203, cheers mate :D

Thanks for your like, Kayell, cheers mate :yes:

Thanks for your like, Reini78, cheers mate :D

Thanks for your like, Bullbasket, cheers mate :yes:

UPDATE 05:

Hi Pals,

today I show you the weathering of the rolling train, the tracks, and the front, back and bottom hull.

The idea was to make some dry mud, accumulated in certain parts, and for that I have used pigments, little by little.

Once dry, I remove the excess that has not been fixed, and if I remain to my taste, I move to another point.

Then I tried with a few small dry leaves in random spots and concrete to give some contrast to the color of the tank, fixed with varnish.

Like the pigments, I wait for them to dry, and I remove what was not fixed.

To finish it, my idea is in addition to the cables, to add some more detail, like ammunition pods used (that I am waiting for me to arrive :rage:), and some detail of equipment varied, like boxes, tarps and chains, depending on how they fit in the joint, will be seen at the end in the kit or not ...

Nj1P5bs.jpg

bhycTzW.jpg

t3WWxms.jpg

XmpQESX.jpg

8RDI6LM.jpg

bpv0HY2.jpg

SheZicC.jpg

YFAtln4.jpg

7oeBC2G.jpg

lyxoM5M.jpg

WNCFWuH.jpg

5EuprQa.jpg

867cYtw.jpg

E4pqV6z.jpg

Some pics with workbench clean...

YFGbyRG.jpgQtr62xF.jpg

T6nLOO7.jpg

As always, thanks for watching and commenting on mates.:D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Looking very good Francis, looks like your "Big T" has been running around in an Autumn wood chasing Germans ;) Nice effects sir!

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, IMHO, I think it is "on the right track" ...

Cheers Juian :yes:

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, FrancisGL said:

and concrete to give some contrast to the color of the tank, fixed with varnish

Hi Francis,

When you say 'concrete' do you mean 'cement' as in the grey powder used in making concrete?

Once again you have taken what was a very good old model and have managed to improve it beyond recognition. Having a good model to start with makes it easier I suppose?

Fantastic work, a masterclass.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

When you say 'concrete' do you mean 'cement' as in the grey powder used in making concrete?

Once again you have taken what was a very good old model and have managed to improve it beyond recognition. Having a good model to start with makes it easier I suppose?

Rearguards,

Badder

First, thank you for your kind words, I'm glad that you like it as it develops, and yes, I would love to be a "Master Class" ... (I try, but ... lol).

As always, you take all the reason, it seems easier and reasonable to make a good model from 0, than try to improve one already mounted (risky / dangerous).:boom:

In this case, although the kit was an oldie, and not especially magnificent, it plays in his favor that I had it for a very long time, and the return to the hobby, which came in very well to see how rusty I was, and try to see if it was worth going ahead with the hobby.

The result encourages me to follow (and not throw it in the trash), being quite at ease with the model.

Although after almost three years, I realize things I could have done better, or just do them ... now I have more products and knowledge of new techniques.

That, makes me feel an attraction for the upgrade, above start another similar model OOB of more quality.

Even so, it is a risky step, therefore, you can ruin something pretty, for wanting to go further ...

Like this, I have some kit that I feel may improve, well unedited in the forum, or even already blogged.

Cheeers Badder :yes:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

Rearguards,

Badder

Sorry, I did not realize your question, doubting the word "concrete".
I did not mean the material with which bunkers are made, or anti-tank defenses, I was referring to a certain part of the model, or to another elsewhere, in a random way, that suggested something interesting to me adding those leaves.

Sorry, but it was a lapse of vocabulary that I have not see ... :think:but it was interesting to clarify it.

Cheers Badder:yes:

Edited by FrancisGL