1/48 Mig-25 RBT

Devo

G'day All,

This is my take on the Revell Mig-25 RBT(re-boxed ICM kit). Nice kit. It took a couple of months to get done.

OOB with the exception of eduard etched belts(from a Mig-21) on the kit seat and the aerial behind the cockpit, which was a re-shaped F-4 pitot.

Humbrol and Tamiya enamels applied using the Ye Olde hairy stick method.yes.gif

Apologies if the images are to large but as PB went away, I posted these with vgy.me and that's how big they appeared on here.

DEVsLS.jpg

0gL8cs.jpg

lKzW14.jpg

kg8YXF.jpg

Edited by Devo
trying to get images sorted.
  • Like 34

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent work 👍

18 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great model of a real beast of a machine. 

15 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Holly Macoroni!! that is out freak gorgeous aircraft, always wanted to get a one, however, the price is BIT high for me. Maybe one day with Indian marking will make this kit. 

cheers

9 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Very nice!  Well done

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Superb work.

6 hours ago, russ c said:

Very cool, looks great. Nice one

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Very nice!

You did her justice!!

Thanks and :cheers:

• Like 1

Great model of a great machine.......and I cannot believe you finished the paintwork with a brush !......very impressive. I knew this aircraft was big but it was not until I visited our local museum in Tartu that I realized just how big it is, especially when you climb the ladder to access the cockpit. The museum had a former MiG-25 pilot on hand for their annual air day and he was showing visitors the cockpit - sadly I don't understand Estonian or Russian but I still managed to get some nice shots of the cockpit though the access ladder was not for those that suffer from vertigo !.

Mark   

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Pretty immaculate cockpit interior

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Just to prove that those Eduard tape masks don't have to be 100% perfect.....this sealant was quite roughly applied to the windscreen !

Please note, these photos are NOT of the MiG-25RBT but another variant that does appear to have some non-standard bumps on the forward fuselage and one flat fairing housing either a camera or a spotlight (offset to starboard). I will see if I can check on the variant.

Postscript: It appears to be a MiG-25RBS Foxbat-D variant

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Great model of a great machine.......and I cannot believe you finished the paintwork with a brush !......very impressive. I knew this aircraft was big but it was not until I visited our local museum in Tartu that I realized just how big it is, especially when you climb the ladder to access the cockpit. The museum had a former MiG-25 pilot on hand for their annual air day and he was showing visitors the cockpit - sadly I don't understand Estonian or Russian but I still managed to get some nice shots of the cockpit though the access ladder was not for those that suffer from vertigo !.

Mark   

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Pretty immaculate cockpit interior

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Just to prove that those Eduard tape masks don't have to be 100% perfect.....this sealant was quite roughly applied to the windscreen !

Please note, these photos are NOT of the MiG-25RBT but another variant that does appear to have some non-standard bumps on the forward fuselage and one flat fairing housing either a camera or a spotlight (offset to starboard). I will see if I can check on the variant.

Postscript: It appears to be a MiG-25RBS Foxbat-D variant

Thanks.

Nice pic's as well.

9 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

That is well done 

:cheers: