1/48 RAAF Beaufighter Mk 1c 30 SQN

Harvs73

A pre-matt varnish image. The undercarriage is drying and the collector rings are painted. Today I am airbrushing the matt varnish then will be adding all the little bits on to it. I discovered that I don't have the correct types of wheels for this aircraft so I ordered a set from Red Roo of the Ultracast wheels that are the right type.

The props are painted satin black and I will be doing a small amount of weathering on them after the matt varnish on the airframe. They are only added for the update image.

file.php?id=16588

file.php?id=16587

• Like 1

I wasn't originally going to post any more images until I had done more work or completed it but I wanted to show the antenna rigging, so while I was doing that......

I think the camouflage scheme has merged very nicely and the panel line wash has also blended in well.

The second image is not the greatest but it gives an indication of something I am trying out. I have constant problems trying to get the Ezy-line on to the model so I drilled a hole in the fuselage for a small piece of tube which I have stuck the Ezy-line in to prior to inserting it. I have then made my own turnbuckle for the tail antenna point and threaded the Ezy-line through that back to the antenna mast near the front of the aircraft.

file.php?id=16614

file.php?id=16613

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's all in the small details at times. After much frustration I added the support struts inside the engine cowls. I need to paint them black and then dust the engine and weather the tires a little. The new Ultracast wheels are on the kit and are much better when compared to the original kit ones. The aircraft I am modelling used the different hub but I don't know what tire was on there. Some of the other ones from the same SQN of the era had these tires so it works for me.

file.php?id=16715

file.php?id=16714

• Like 3

I need to stop looking at things late at night, the tail flash is as per the reference images (thankfully) and has the dark blue leading instead of the white.

Neil528 - that is my 10 year old daughters 1/72 Hobbyboss 'easybuild' kit that she is slowly working on.