Hasegawa E-2C Hawkeye 1/72

hsr

This is my Grumman E-2C Hawkeye by Hasegawa. This took me longer then usual because the build was interrupted by a 2 week vacation :D. I can't think of anything negative about the kit; the fit was good and the decals were excellent. After some of my more recent more challenging kits this was a pleasure to build. I used the Eduard interior, but you can't really see much of the inside.

MgdG5X1U_o.jpg

R3YGJmDn_o.jpg

DDcwbyNf_o.jpg

qPpPZBmB_o.jpg

j2VuOys9_o.jpg

This was one of the bigger aircraft I have built in a while and the next up is the Hasegawa P-3 Orion, which is even bigger.

Enjoy.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, hsr said:

I used the Eduard interior, but you can't really see much of the inside

I see what you mean, more like none!

Is the glazing tinted on the inside or did something go wrong because its like there is a reflective sun visor fitted when parked on the inside type thing going on? Or is that deliberate? 

Clean build otherwise though pal well done 👍🏿 

• Thanks 1

After unmasking the windows I gave them a coat of future. For some reason that I can't explain whenever I do this moisture seems to build up on the inside of the transparencies. I have no idea how it gets there, but it will evaporate in a few hours. Since it was mostly too dark to see anything inside, I didn't have the patience to wait before I took the pictures. 

• Thanks 1

But it is int inside, which is sealed, and only appears when I apply Future. I can only guess that the plastic is somehow porous to something in the Future and it is seeping though it. :confused::hmmm:. Any way it is clear now, but I still lack the skills and/or equipment to get a good picture

9b7f695a-f169-4976-b53b-19c65c0b2148.JPG

6250af23-a6c2-460e-b6db-269875fcf3ad.JPG

I have it. As the solvent in the Future evaporates it must cool the plastic enough for the moisture trapped in the cockpit to condense on the inside of the window, then as it returns to room temperature it evaporates and clears up

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...