Whitley question

Sten Ekedahl

I know this question has been answered before, but I have forgotten the answer. The Whitley interior was natural metal, except the cockpit area visible through the canopy where it was painted the standard RAF interior green. But I have forgotten about the interior of the turrets; natural metal or green? Also Airfix says that the inside of the gear doors should be black, whereas the u/c bays and the u/c legs are silver/natural metal. I would have expected the inside of the doors to be finished the same way as the u/c bays. Can anyone shed some light on this?

TIA

Very nice photos, but unfortunately they don't provide a good answer to my question. At least I can't deduct the colours from them.

Sten,

There was a discussion some time ago on BM about this and this photo popped up.  I made some notes for a Whitley that I had had on intermittent build for some years.  Interior of turrets - Interior Green, U/C legs and wheel hubs semi-gloss black, Interior of wheel bays and doors same.  IPMS Stockholme had a good build on this kit some decades ago which was repeated.OYEKgIC.jpg

Armstrong Whitworth Whitley - Improving the Old Frog Kit (Part 1)

HTH

Dennis

Edited by sloegin57

9 hours ago, sloegin57 said:

Sten,

There was a discussion some time ago on BM about this and this photo popped up.  I made some notes for a Whitley that I had had on intermittent build for some years.  Interior of turrets - Interior Green, U/C legs and wheel hubs semi-gloss black, Interior of wheel bays and doors same.  IPMS Stockholme had a good build on this kit some decades ago which was repeated.

Armstrong Whitworth Whitley - Improving the Old Frog Kit (Part 1)

HTH

Dennis

hm the turret interior in this photo looks like metal (neutral or painted) to me

• Like 1