What scale size figure?

Johnc61

Having done a lot of modelling over years ( and sorry I'm new on here!), one of the latest interests is figure use. Looking at all the different ones in progress or finished, they look amazing. The big challenge though is many look very small to me. 1/72 must be impossible to paint in detail and even 1/35 looks small. The photo detail is brilliant, until I see an object alongside that is recognised as real size and makes it scary, such as tweezers that look massive or cocktail stick, paintbrush etc. So, starting to build experience or learn what to do, what is the best scale/ size figure that is easiest to get painted and be able to see what you're doing?

Hi John, 

Figures are an art to themselves fella, first bit of kit that is really a must have is a good optivisor, no matter what scale you take up. Practice, practice with a bit more practice thrown in is the only way to get where you want to go with them.

But remember the bigger the scale the more detail you need to paint, but it does get addictive :D

I never used to bother with figures until a few years ago, then I painted a few just to see how I got on and I got really hooked, it's very rewarding when you get the hang of it.

HtH 

Fred - wow! Impressive. 1/72 was the huge challenge I see. Glad you use them.

Dads203 - I think you're right, that might be where I'm at. Not done just figures and might get addicted like you. I already have an activisor DA5 so guess heading in that direction. Yep, bigger the model so more detail, so figures will have buttons, belts, creases etc. and then shadow colour change. So much to perfect.