Huey Lewis and the News....

Winenut

3 minutes ago, giemme said:

Ooooh tasty! :Tasty:  I love that weathering, Bruce! :clap:  :clap: 

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio

It actually looks a lot heavier in the photos than in real life.

Hopefully I can take a few more balanced photos tomorrow with more natural light.

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Realistic dusty weathered bird, that was a good project, few tips learned from you, well done and thanks for sharing 

Thanks heaps for the kind words

36 minutes ago, DMC said:

Spot on! Nice one.

Dennis

Cheers Dennis

9 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Very nice.

I just bought the Italeri boxing of the same mould. This build will be worth referring to.

Thanks Eric I appreciate the support

I hope you enjoy your building Huey as much as I enjoyed mine

Just one extra tip ....There's no locating holes for the front antenna things (just little raised circles indicating where they should go)  ....I drilled some holes with a small drill bit into the nose section to make them easier to attach

If you really want to see someone go to town and give a great insight into how to build this kit check out Nigel Heaths amazing build here..

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006847-172-italeri-uh-1b-huey-in-a-japanese-scheme/&tab=comments#comment-2439522

I hope the link works!

Cheers

Bruce

On 9/21/2017 at 10:59 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Last time i check HLATN were still touring and performing those 80’s hits :headphones: ... Though I’ve never seen it for myself. I guess if your still touring 30+ years after your songs were hits, somebody must be going. 

Always reminds me of this Onion article about another aging rock star, which is stealthily one of the sweetest things they've ever written: https://entertainment.theonion.com/pathetic-washed-up-rock-star-on-fifth-decade-of-doing-1819577132

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Procopius said:

Always reminds me of this Onion article about another aging rock star, which is stealthily one of the sweetest things they've ever written: https://entertainment.theonion.com/pathetic-washed-up-rock-star-on-fifth-decade-of-doing-1819577132

Gotta love the onion! :)

The really funny thing is......I play in a band and we get together a good 20+ years after releasing the last CD and do gigs and play the same songs that everyone knows and the crowd is packed with a bunch of washed up old alternative types and they all have kids who are in high school or uni.

It's hilarious!!!  :lol:

Cheers

Bruce 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1