Bristol Britannia B.O.A.C ancient FROG kit in 1/96

4 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Lincoln apparently were always Kader products, the name being dropped for some reason.  I wasn't aware of any Kiwi connection.  There's a longer discussion on these kits here 

which includes a comment that the Britannia has not been confirmed - it has now - but the DC-6 was a DC-7 (which is what I remember).  I suspect a fuller list of the original releases can be extracted from the first (all kits so far) booklet originally produced by Scale Models magazine way back when, and presumably in later books since.

Thanks Graham, I knew I'd seen mention of them somewhere recently but couldn't remember where. Googling for Bristol Britannia 1/166 brought up both Lincoln & Kader kits. The Britannia & Douglas DC-7 the 6 was my mistake, showed up on Worthpoint.

Steve.

Hi Alex,

Looks like another stunner! You wouldn't know the kit is probably 50+ years old! I built a Frog Comet many years ago and remembered it as being a very 'solid' build and yours has the same look about it.

I prefer the way Frog did the props to the way Roden approached them but maybe 1/96, being a larger scale, makes it easier.

That's a great stand, did it come with the kit? Make sure you keep the box, it's a classic too!

Cheers,

Ian

9 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Alex,

Looks like another stunner! You wouldn't know the kit is probably 50+ years old! I built a Frog Comet many years ago and remembered it as being a very 'solid' build and yours has the same look about it.

I prefer the way Frog did the props to the way Roden approached them but maybe 1/96, being a larger scale, makes it easier.

That's a great stand, did it come with the kit? Make sure you keep the box, it's a classic too!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you very much Ian

Of course I keep the box.It will be placed together with the Britannia.

I always keep the boxes from such old kits.They have magnificent boxarts,very classy.

The stand was included with the kit.I just airbrushed it with Humbrol blue to make it more shiny.

That really is a very good looking Britannia Alex, those old Frog kits weren't so bad! It really captures the look of it very well.

A real old classic, beautifully made.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice, not seen one of these built before, great job.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Cheers Michael.

• Like 1