WWII period vehicle for a diorama

Avereda

I've been pondering a diorama on a French resistance theme and need to tap the wisdom on here regarding the vehicle. I suspect I have the least knowledge of anyone on here when it comes to cars, I don't drive and I'm largely indifferent to them - so bear with me, this could be painful.

Im hoping to depict the scene shown in the French TV series Resistance in which Sylvette Leleu is driving a van containing a British airman through a German checkpoint. The van in the scene is a Peugeot of some kind - I can put up a screenshot if it's allowed? I can't find anything in 1/35 to match so I was wondering if I could use another vehicle. Leleu was a garage owner so potentially could be driving a range of vehicles. Preference would be for something big enough to smuggle an airman through the checkpoint.

Leleu was arrested in 1941 so the vehicle would have to dated before that. I've looked at a Matchbox Citroen 11 Legere but at 1/32 it might not work out. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Edited by Avereda

48 minutes ago, rs2man said:

A quick search at Hannants revealed that Tamiya do a Citroen Traction Avant as a German staff car

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA35301

Just paint it as a civilian vehicle & you're sorted .

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

Thanks for that John, I'd had a look at that in a local model shop but I didn't know if there were any major modifications to the original that made it a "staff" car.

1 hour ago, Avereda said:

Thanks for that John, I'd had a look at that in a local model shop but I didn't know if there were any major modifications to the original that made it a "staff" car.

Just checked out the instructions online & it appears that the kit comes with 5 options , 2 of which are civilian .

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088595

Cheers

John

3 hours ago, rs2man said:

Just checked out the instructions online & it appears that the kit comes with 5 options , 2 of which are civilian .

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088595

Cheers

John

I'm half-tempted to do the French army one now I've seen that, hmm must stay focused

I'd like a van if possible, something like this would be ideal but my scratch building wouldn't be up to it

280px-Tub

EDIT: On closer inspection the Bronco van kit comes with milk cartons and a nun which might just swing it

Edited by Avereda
Nun

11 hours ago, Avereda said:

I'd like a van if possible, something like this would be ideal but my scratch building wouldn't be up to it

280px-Tub

EDIT: On closer inspection the Bronco van kit comes with milk cartons and a nun which might just swing it

That looks very much like an early version of a Citroen Type H fourgon, which has been kitted by both Heller and Ebbro (using Heller moulds) and is still available. It should be reasonably easy to convert one of them back to what you want.

43 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

That looks very much like an early version of a Citroen Type H fourgon, which has been kitted by both Heller and Ebbro (using Heller moulds) and is still available. It should be reasonably easy to convert one of them back to what you want.

Sadly they're 1/24 scale & the OP was looking for 1/35