This one for Lemmy, Focke Wulf 190F-8

Hello Dears,

I know, I should have waited tomorrow for having a good daylight pic !

But can't wait to share her with you !!:guitar:

I started her and decide, in the making, to dedicate her to a great militaria collector

And an avid modeller, I mean the late Lemmy Kilmister !

As a great fan  of the gentle peoples from Motorhead....

The kit is the Tamiya Focke Wulf 190F-8 with Eagle cals decals EC#10

Let's have a look at this unusual paint scheme for a german Aircraft !

WP_20170920_22_59_54_Pro

Yes, she is left almost unpainted, the painting on the wing has been crudely applied with brush and whatever was at hand in April May 1945

WP_20170920_22_59_38_Pro

I tried to depict this fact with a not airbrushed paint job purpotedly barely finished !

Not really easy to have a good effect but I'm glad about this one

WP_20170920_23_00_30_Pro

The plane was flown by Fw Eugen Lörcher at the 5/ SG 2

He did a belly landing in Aufhausen to escape the russians with his fiancee riding in the rear fuselage.

Seemingly, they came back every year at the same spot to celebrate their escape to liberty with a bottle of Champagne !!:cheers:

More to come soon.

• Like 17

WP_20170920_23_00_08_Pro

I was bound to build that scene, But I did'nt have a 1/48 grey mouse at the time

Not an expert enough to create or modify a figure... Especially a women snaking into the radio compartment of a Wurger !!:coolio::coolio:

WP_20170920_23_00_54_ProWP_20170920_23_01_53_Pro

• Like 19

Here's the WiP

WP_20170920_23_01_12_Pro

For the one who will ask about the Wheel cover, I'll show the next pic !

WP_20170920_18_06_26_Pro

The conditions were really harsh at the times, they flew with all that was at hand !

Trying to slow down the russian offensives !! To no avail !

WP_20170920_23_02_09_Pro

Ok Dears, as usual, I'm open to comments !

Thank for watching ! Will show some better photos tomorrow !

Have a very nice modelling time and take care !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 4

Thats a nice bit if work. I to was fan of Lemmy - and Philthy Animal Taylor - and he came from just up the road from where I live. I saw Muttonchop in concert many moons ago and happily jumped up and down with everyone else on a very well sprung concert floor whilst watching Lemmy's lips move through clouds of dry ice whilst playing something like 'Bomber' at number 11 on the amps and being  unable to hear the lyrics! I didn't know that he was a modeller though. 

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I promised it, here are the SUN:yahoo: Daylight pics !

Don't know for you but I really appreciate this one !

WP_20170921_16_11_46_Pro

Let's have a look Under the lady, sorry about that :wicked:

WP_20170921_16_14_23_ProWP_20170921_16_11_08_ProWP_20170921_16_10_52_ProWP_20170921_16_11_22_Pro

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciated !

Have a nice modelling time !

6th kit finished this year, incredible, better than in the 17 last years :emo:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great job Corsaircorp :goodjob: ... nice story you've paired it with 👍. And my head hangs in sorrow for the loss of Lemmy ☹️

Thanks F4U, seemingly we are cousins !:giggle:

15 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

Thats a nice bit if work. I to was fan of Lemmy - and Philthy Animal Taylor - and he came from just up the road from where I live. I saw Muttonchop in concert many moons ago and happily jumped up and down with everyone else on a very well sprung concert floor whilst watching Lemmy's lips move through clouds of dry ice whilst playing something like 'Bomber' at number 11 on the amps and being  unable to hear the lyrics! I didn't know that he was a modeller though. 

Cheers

Simon

Thank you simon, and they both passed away in a mere 2 months if I remember well.

Listening to Overkill, Raaaah that's lovely, (No knive, no shower tub indeed ! )

Holly Molly Phil was RUNNING on his drum's pedals !

15 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Lovely work, and a nice tribute to good man. 

Ian

Thank Ian, really appreciate, I Wonder about the future of his HUGE collection !

Don't know if he has childrens, Affairs yes I know...

6 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A great build and a great story.  I'm sure Lemmy would be proud.

Thank you Meatbox, David leave also a bottomless gap in the rock world !

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I,ll second Meatbox's sentiment's.

Thanks Steve, Did'nt resist to show again my first BM'ed kit.

What a change in 5 years of war !

Thank again

5 hours ago, russ c said:

Great build and story, good job on the unusual finish too

Thank Russ,

That's my game, havin' some unusual paint scheme, wait I have a lot more of such an idea !

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Fantastic job corsair,as Meatbox and steve said i reckon Lemmy'd be well chuffed....

Thank Vince

Hope that they appreciate ! Whatever I very oftenly listened to them in the making of that Focke !

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

Cheers

Simon

I knew he must have a good interest in militaria, but didn't know about him being a modeller.

However I was introduced to my first Motorhead concert in 1984- Sheffield city hall "No remorse" tour, after downing  a 1066sg lager at a certain bar with its own  brewed strong ales. Loved the concert, but ringing ears for 3 days.😆😆

Cheers to you Lemmie. 🎸🕪🍺🍺🍺

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire

8 minutes ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

I knew he must have a good interest in militaria, but didn't know about him being a modeller.

However I was introduced to my first Motorhead concert in 1984- Sheffield city hall "No remorse" tour, after downing  a 1066sg lager at a certain bar with its own  brewed strong ales. Loved the concert, but ringing ears for 3 days.😆😆

Cheers to you Lemmie. 🎸🕪🍺🍺🍺

Ok Dears,

I know it from an interview for a TV network years ago ! Don't remember if it was a BBC or a US tv..

Lemmy was talking about his collection and his models.

They show his workbench, but it was well in the '90, I was in Paris

They another day showed a gentleman farmer, very quiet guy, it was the lead singer from Judas Priest and David Gilmour with his Mustang and T-6

And so on...

Thank for the kind words Radpoe and YES Motorhead was playing LOUD !!

Sincerely.

CC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...