Short S.23 Empire flying boat

11 minutes ago, jrlx said:

Looking forward to the pictures in the Gallery and seeing your Catalinas finished as well. Do you think you can manage?

No worries!  :frantic:  :pray:

• Haha 1

:cwl: I can just picture his grudging smirk when he sees this :wicked: I suggested he could try building Zeppelins or rockets this year, as they don't have those pesky wings. I got that same smile accompanied by some pithy expletives then too ^_^

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

Nope, mine has its wings on! :rofl:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

:cwl: I can just picture his grudging smirk when he sees this :wicked: I suggested he could try building Zeppelins or rockets this year, as they don't have those pesky wings. I got that same smile accompanied by some pithy expletives then too ^_^

That's you two off next years' Christmas card list then.  :tease:

Best I can do without clogging up the swear filter.

I was going to say how well that little Short thing looked too, but you can all go and whistle. 

Chris.

And (whilst donning Tin Bin to avoid the fisticuffs) Murdo diplomatically asked "What did you glaze the windows with?" 

I've been using UV Glue with some reasonable success, even with fairly large windows (1:144 DH Devon - pics due soon) but what did you use, are they painted? They look quite smooth.

The windows are painted on this model, although I do normally use the UV resin pen for that sort of finish.  I painted the windows a mid-grey colour first and then went over them with a very thin coat of Tamiya X-19 Smoke, which gives a deeper sheen than just painting black etc.

Mike

• Like 2

Hi John,

No worries, and thank you for the compliment -  you obviously haven't seen the quality of the other builds yet! :yikes:

I may just join you on the 737 SGTB, if a kit that I am expecting arrives in time.

cheers

Mike

• Like 1