Eduard 1/72 MiG-15

viperchief

My next project is this little MiG. It is the Profipack edition with the PE and masks. Nice kit! For nose weight, I used a combination of split-shot and "Liquid Gravity". Still trying to decide on paint scheme...

1df364ab-26de-49c2-ae3b-155c30afa6ac.jpg

3f6a568f-2aad-459a-9e49-b2f85e9d088f.jpg

d89a86c3-7bd6-42e8-962c-b00daff2de46.jpg

26d17f68-0b35-4797-8db7-55b1101f54a4.jpg

resized_4d85da4b-3db0-4b52-ba02-6eccd1e4

Edited by viperchief
  • Like 8

Excellent work!

My sailplane instructor was retired MiG wing commander, he told me that MiG 15 was quite difficult to recover from spin. In order to recover from the spin, the pilot had to push the stick forward (which is obvious), but it had to be done extremely precise - so the prominent white stripe exactly in the middle of the control panel.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Smithy said:

If you are wanting suggestions for a scheme, may I suggest one of the trial camouflage schemes that 64th IAK carried around the beginning of 1952 during the Korean War?

Superb work on the cockpit.

Thanks for the suggestion! I found a scheme I like from the 64th...it is a light gray with green "squiggles". I'll post a pic when I get home from work.

4 hours ago, GrzeM said:

Excellent work!

My sailplane instructor was retired MiG wing commander, he told me that MiG 15 was quite difficult to recover from spin. In order to recover from the spin, the pilot had to push the stick forward (which is obvious), but it had to be done extremely precise - so the prominent white stripe exactly in the middle of the control panel.

So that's what it is for! I was wondering! Thanks!

Made some progress tonight. This is a very precise fitting kit! I need to go over the leading edge of the wings and smooth the seams. I think I am going with the four color North Korean aircraft (middle example) using the kit decals. Rather than buying new paints, I'll use some German armor colors that I have as I don't get all worked up about 100% accuracy.! :-) 

resized_adc77aa0-1d53-46c0-901e-a3e8b37e

8cfc3ff8-891f-4091-b500-0309528de875.jpg

e29eb236-dc69-4594-ac9c-62d2e07257e9.jpg

resized_c840b734-7959-44e9-aa05-bd70f8e0 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, viperchief said:

I need to go over the leading edge of the wings

She has gone together quite quickly mate good effort! 

Yeah the wing leading edges were the worst too in terms of fit with the two of these I have done. Its like there isn't enough plastic there where they need to curve towards and meet each other. There's a gap the whole length of them pretty much. 

• Like 1

On 20.09.2017 at 4:17 PM, viperchief said:

So that's what it is for! I was wondering! Thanks!

Yes. If you pushed the stick to the side, even a little, the airplane was not able to recover. I think it had something with negative wing dihedral.

On 21.09.2017 at 5:47 AM, viperchief said:

I think I am going with the four color North Korean aircraft (middle example) using the kit decals. Rather than buying new paints, I'll use some German armor colors that I have as I don't get all worked up about 100% accuracy.! :-) 

I'm sure that the colours are only estimated. Communist countries were never too precise in standarisation.

Edited by GrzeM