1930 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300, Airfix, 1/32

One of Airfix's excellent 1970s new tool 1/32 cars (not to be confused with the Highway Pioneers style brass-era oldies, or the slot-car derived 60s racers)...

front-left-corner-high.jpg

low-left-side-angled.jpg

rear-left-corner-high.jpg

left-profile.jpg

high-front-right-corner.jpg

low-left-rear.jpg

low-front-right.jpg

low-front-left.jpg

3-up-2.jpg

Left to right: the Airfix M K3 Magnette, another one of those mid-70s vintage sportsters (along with a Bugatti 35 and Vauxhall Prince Henry); the Alfa; and Matchbox's Aston Martin Ulster.

Now, on with a Jaguar SS100 and MG TD from Matchbox...

best,

M.

• Like 7

Thanks, Keith... the colour is Tamiya rattle can TS-11 "Maroon." It varies in apparent colour depending how you use it! This is intended to be a dark wine red, after a very cool looking Alfa 8C I found online. But put it on a 240Z and it's a perfect match for the "Chestnut" colour (I think it was actually brought into the Tamiya paint range when they released the 1/12th 240Z...)

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

A Trifecta great looking models,believe it many many years ago I use to build wooden toys and I had a pattern for the M K3,soon as I saw it jogged my memory(little trip down memory lane} as they say thanks for the memories:DLike the Alfa great kit build and paint work.Cheers

2 hours ago, southpier said:

what are the white diamonds between the wheel spokes?

Thanks, all...

The "white diamonds" are reflection from the "steel" surface of the brake drums behind the spokes. The Alfa had whacking great drums more or less the same diameter as the spoked area, so Airfix mould the wheels solid with the spoke texture raised. There's actually some steel visible in the tiny triangles at the outer edges as well, but it doesn't show up on the photos so well...

best,

M.