Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

kpnuts

Well I've spent 3 hrs trying to get the wing mirrors on this, I may never touch the bl$€y kit again don't believe the YouTube video it's nigh on impossible. I've removed the windscreen to give me more room but still can't get them on, I really don't know how this is still in one piece.

I feel your pain. I got the screws in by doing this:

1. Tapped the wing mounts and tested the threads with the actual screws.

2. Wrapped string around the handle of the miniature screwdriver that comes with the kit to increase its girth and make it more grippable. Superglued in place.

3. Glued the screws to the screwdriver with superglue - yes really. Stops them falling off.

4. Swore and cursed for 15 minutes while getting the screw in and rotated.

5. Cracked off the glue by jerking the screwdriver.

6. Retired for the night with copious brandies.

• Haha 1

Hi all well after lots of suggestions from people who have completed this kit I used a combination of their suggestions to do it I took my tamiya screwdriver which came with the tamiya bike kits (didnt want to use the one that came with the kit) broke the blade off
29zd8nn.jpg
eth0u1.jpg
Cut the end off a pencil and drilled it out then glued the blade in, I now have a shorter screwdriver
e87f6d.jpg
6dtkcy.jpg
n71xlz.jpg
Now to modify the petrol tank to be removable and to detail it up. First get my hole punch select the right size
30rxutl.jpg
Punch selected hole through self adhesive ally foil
333ai5l.jpg
Add to ignition switch
e8an1c.jpg
The two dome headed Allen screws on the outside of the ingition switch housing are glued in. I've drilled the holes they are supposed to screw into out so they are now locating pins, I will use the inner ones to hold the tank.
I've glued the ignition housing to the tank
27zbyqe.jpg
246utqa.jpg

Hi all this is how near I am to finishing this 

35byptk.jpg
2sahyqg.jpg
2drsawg.jpg
I've sanded down the centre rear tyre to take the newness off it and realised I've missed the decals off the centre hub and I've weathered it now is it too late to add them now.
I'm going to alter the side panels panels to make them removable.
  • Like 1

So how much did you enjoy building this kit?  It looks amazingly realistic, much more than the late Pocher kits like the Testarossa, Porsche 911, F40, etc.  Perhaps it's the scale of the parts that allows the incredible detailing...and then, the added weathering, bolts, PE, wiring, make it all the more realistic.

I have a ton more to do on my Aventador, but I'm thinking this may be my next purchase.

Awesome job Nuts!!!!

D.

It's a great kit and I really enjoyed building it would have been nice to have working lights and indicators but that's beyond my meagre abilities (although I'm sure you could do it) I do think though that they should supply assorted wiring.