Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

kpnuts

Hi all well this has been on and off half a dozen times as I couldn't find a way for the clutch reservoir horizontal then I checked some ref pics to find it's at an angle on the real bike. I was getting so stressed trying to get it level and horizontal, I'd have been pulling my hair out if I had some.
xerlev.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all it’s been a while but here is the next update (what a pita this was) I snapped the screw in the steering head clamp so had to drill it out then re tap and guess what I cross threaded it and snapped it off again (don’t know how it’s still in one piece)  silver 911 has some PE radiator grill made to upgrade the radiator he kindly gave me the email of the company that produced them for him and gave me permission to use his fins so I’ve ordered them (I feel a bit guilty as they cost him50 quid )( costs for creating the pattern I suppose) only costing me 21.60, anyway it’s a vast improvement over the kit supplied part.
300azgx.jpg
2j0jk28.jpg
x5tbhw.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all I was thinking this is getting very heavy and the exhaust is getting loose from the weight of it so I’ve temporarily added the forks to get the weight off the exhaust. I’ve finally finished the handle bars (well apart from the wiring)

2u9sco6.jpg
2isw5lf.jpg

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 1

Hi all this is how Pocher would have you build the rad
2m7dt2u.jpg
25qme.jpg
Of course I could just fill the holes and weather it and it would be a whole lot better 
But with Ron Clark’s PE it will be a whole league better I just can’t wait for them to get here.

Hi all well it arrived, I’m so excited

2iw3ltj.jpg

thanks to Ron 

x5nlah.jpg

sooo much better

xcizrt.jpg

2eobq10.jpg

added the missing wiring for the exhaust valve

25kln5f.jpg

ejbz3b.jpg

and added the missing wiring for the radiator fan

5d4hv6.jpg

• Like 3

amazing how they can charge an arm and a leg for the kit, do a good job of most of it, then skimp on pe for the big, very visible radiator. would have cost them pennies to put it in.

Looks ace now though!

Thing I also find strange is they go to the trouble of moulding most of the wire connections and channels for the cabling then only supply the tubing for the hydraulics it would only have cost them pennies to add a few different thicknesses of wire too.

Hi all well I’ve added a few more missing wires and added the cable for the exhaust valve (fuse wire)weathered the rad a bit I’d like to say nearing the end now but no still a long way to go
akjz9v.jpg
orqq6g.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks so much Ron that means a lot coming from you.

Hi all here is the next update I made a bit of an oops in duplicating the wiring of the rad fan which I had done the other end further back in the build will have to watch that in the future (especially as this build is using all my built up stocks of wire)

29vcsxw.jpg

2rxbj2p.jpg

wteuzm.jpg

nxw379.jpg

Got the front wheel on (man this thing is enormous)

2pzim35.jpg

xeg605.jpg

9gm59t.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all here is an update where nothing has been done. It's just that since the front wheel is now on I can compare and show just what a beast this is these range in scale from the humongous Duc at 1/4 then the Katana at 1/6 the Kwak at 1/8 and the Yam at 1/12 these all have similar size engines so they're all about the same size in real life.

34h7254.jpg
vngymf.jpg
33ff1wh.jpg
2gy4kyx.jpg
2nv5cib.jpg

Hi all next update been adding the break lines and front mudguard then onto the electrical bits, it would be so much easier if I hadn't started adding detail, this is going to be the most intensive added details bit.

sc3x50.jpg

dlrjhc.jpg

24o7fhc.jpg

1zvy6mr.jpg

2lix9o6.jpg

And the dreaded electric panel (this is just the beginning and only one side)

dnfy1j.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all here is another update, all of the wiring here is added detail, none of it is supplied with the kit  it makes a big difference adding it. I still don't understand why they don't supply it as 90% of the connectors are moulded and even the missing ones are easy enough to scratch build .
9u59co.jpg
jrth7r.jpg
2430s8w.jpg
30uuxop.jpg

• Like 1

yes it is simple details such as wiring which bring out authenticity.

If not for the DVD tapes behind, your amazing bike could be 1:1 the real thing, even if the tyres are new and the seat is not yet in place.

i think this is one of your best builds if not the best, hats off !

Sam