w9k0b8.jpg
2h82ulf.jpg
And here is the Paul Koo upgrade kit
2elgyu1.jpg
11wf2xf.jpg
2wfo5e0.jpg
2r4it8n.jpg
oh6974.jpg
I'm not allowed to start it till my birthday on the 26th of next month though (although I wasn't allowed to open it then);)
  • Like 2

Hi all well I've not actually started building it yet but I couldn't resist comparing it to the biggest scale I've built so far (1/6 bikes) these bikes are huge but putting the ducati crank case and gearbox along side it this is going to be enormous (baring in mind there are no cylinder heads or fuel intake on it) by the time I add those the engine will probably be twice this size.
I will probably being upsetting the purists among you as it won't be the box colours it will be a custom job.
51wkm.jpg
fn8g1y.jpg
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
Hi all well I won't be here on my birthday so I got permission to start it today.
I decided to start on the exhaust as it has been noted as the worst fitting part of the whole kit, this thing is huge the bit of the exhaust I've started is the length of a 1/24 car and that's basically just the down pipe. So here is the start of this massive kit, I must say I'm buzzing with excitement.
sqghas.jpg
I've plugged some of the screw holes
jt9u04.jpg
Then decided to add the first missing detail, the welding seam on the curved outside and inside section of the exhaust (i will add the weld seam round the other side when its finally attached to the rest of it)
dzcdoi.jpg
15dp2di.jpg
I've not glued the two sections together yet to make drilling of the holes for the oxygen sensors easier.
amfrpv.jpg
281znf6.jpg
There's loads of detail you could add just to this part and I'm going to try and add it all, I did say TRY.
  • Like 1

Ordered Roys DVD don't think I could build it otherwise. Just done a parts check seems to be all there although the instruction manual is a nightmare,

so small I can barely read it. Need to work out what colour it will be and shall be adding lighting.

Mark.

I don't want this one to end up in my stash (too many there already). Painting is my biggest problem thats why a Pocher was on the cards.

Was looking at an Aventador but I really don't like modern vehicles but the Ducati ?????. wish I hadn't looked at this post.

Mark.

Hi all well after an update on my samsung tab s2 it has made it totally useless for posting on forums so I'm now stuck with this incredibly slow and clumsy laptop so here is the next installment. i was following silver911 build of this and decided to emulate his enhancement of the exhaust joins and copied his use of aluminium foil on them.
dmpkz8.jpg
also I've added the thickening where the oxygen sensors go
[IMG] 301m1oi.jpg
(its made from the phillips screw covers from a bedroom unit)
made a start on the engine too. Added some weathering as well. Put a rule in the last pic to give an idea of the size of this beast.
wv4kkz.jpg
fa6lbs.jpg24czg2r.jpg
2nswgm9.jpg
157hy8j.jpg
2e5ijjk.jpg

Hi all I've started weathering the exhaust I'm using Uschi metal powders and a combination of copper and blue grey dry brushed on, still more to do but it looks promising
2zejm8h.jpg
15ozexg.jpg
f01476.jpg
Added some more engine details like the generator wires
2dhzn9s.jpg
2vni79g.jpg

Hi all well here is the first disappointment with the upgrade kit he supplies the steel beads to make the banjo connectors for various connections but then tells you to use poacher 2 millimetre bolts for the head of the banjo connector (there are none supplied in the kit only cross head screws) I realise Paul has built loads of poacher kits, this is my first so I don't have any poacher 2 mill bolts, what I do have though is these.
2u6z4p3.jpg
So onwards and upwards
4qkksg.jpg
I've made the springs for the exhaust too.
2w3qf69.jpg
ifcs4w.jpg
mx25no.jpg