Modern Polish Mig-29 Scheme

Muzz

Looking to see if anyone can tell me info about the Polish Mig-29 'Heroes' schemes, it appears that some airframes are 2 tone grey and some are 3 tone grey, the third colour being a different light grey for the underside, is this correct? 

Not or sure if there all 3 tone and errors have come about as the two light greys are so similar.

Muzz

I have just looked at my pictures of the two Migs at KB/Sanicole the other week; I think that they are a 2 tone grey - close to Dark Dea Grey and Medium sea grey. However the 2 patterns of disruptive camo are very different - not just slight variations. As ever, it sounds like the old adage - get pictures of the airframe you are modelling.

• Like 1

I am away at the moment, but I am sure that the book that you have on the heroes aircraft explains all about the colour schemes. Most of the earlier painted aircraft were painted in the 3 grey scheme, but later and I think those aircraft that went through major servicing were painted in the 2 grey colour scheme, which is now the Polish standard scheme.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies folks, the Caracal decal sheet says 3 tone the Model Maker set which I have says 2. I'll have another look at that book Jabba, don't remember seeing anything in it before.

Having looked at the Polish Wings Mig-29 book again I think I have the answer, there is currently two camo schemes, the 3 tone grey scheme which is well documented with the Gunship Grey patches on the upper surfaces and a new scheme introduced in 2015 which appears to be two tone and lighter shades of grey. The aircraft in the new colour scheme have grey side numbers instead of red.

You can see the difference in the colours in this photo.....

20170921_220748.jpg