Toy Mustang. 1/48 F-51D Korean AF

Habu12

So this is the latest boxin gif the HB Mustang, from the Chinese PLAAF. Although the box says P-51D/K, it comes with ZERO P-51K parts. As in, no Aeroproducts prop or "Dallas" bulged canopy. As has been probably posted before, this Mustang kit is rather toylike, and has several shape issues. The good news is the fit was very good, although the panel liens are very thin, almost too thin. But hey, for $18, I couldn't resist. For markings, I used an old Aeromaster sheet for Korean F-51s. 

QLwddFm.jpgA1Yjdn8.jpgLEkDiZg.jpgHsQ6Pat.jpg7MJKFvz.jpgcuLJgNX.jpgXZ3VKUq.jpgaWLFn9h.jpgt98VzSw.jpg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Nice job all 'round with that !!  You have swapped the landing gear legs, left for right, as the scissors should face aft.

Tony

There was no way around that. They were molded that way. 

1 hour ago, Tony Edmundson said:

a classic mistake on the instruction sheet I see.   To fix, just swap the legs from L to R.   Problem solved,

Tony

The attachment lugs are angled, so they only went in one way. Ah well, I was just wanting to finish the project and didn't look too hard at it. Next one won't be a HB, so it won't have this problem ;)