TAMIYA 6TH SCALE KZ1300

D1fuN0

Evening Chaps :bye:

Well another one I have finally managed to finish.

I have been after this bike since I saw it in the mid Eighties in the window of Beatties in Birmingham, and that slobbering young yufe vowed that one day he would build one.

I finally managed to get my hands on one early last year, and it is an original 1982 issue kit.

This was from the time when men were men and bikes were BIG... 

The 6 cylinder Z1300 was something you politely let past you, if you saw one coming up in your bike mirrors,( in case it bit your head off) :) 

resized_202070f3-9119-41db-9691-c72e4006

resized_f45b47bb-a86c-4be7-bc5d-a02747b1

resized_b38c5d60-ba30-4169-8ba5-9f894459

resized_557cc274-38f2-4968-a172-2fcd31ed

I tell you what, it certainly was a challenge... It is just massive!

To give you some idea of the size, its two and a half Tamiya Ducati Panigales in length.

Even tho its a 35 year old kit, it went together without fault. The decals however did not decide to co operate, so the natty gold and silver stripes weren't used.

The hardest part of the build was actually painting the wheels :) 

Its finished with Tamiya TS 37 Lavender, decanted and airbrushed on. 

Its a fantastically detailed kit, the engine is just a work of art, and I loved every second of the build.

This was my #1 grail kit for many many years, and I have finally made that young boys dream come true.

Now I just need to find the BMW R75 and ill be happy as a pig in poo :) 

Hope you enjoy, all comments are appreciated.

:bandit:Mad Steve:bandit:

• Like 1

Oh yes, shades of yufe remembered.  Back when cornering was all about muscling a huge great big lump of engine wrapped in a spaghetti frame around the bend in the road.  Posters of 'real' bikes on the wall - I coveted the BMW R100RS - and then the sixes came along with the Kwak 1300 and Honda's CBX following on from Benelli's Sei.  That's not a just a great model, that's a time machine taking me into my past.

• Like 1