Wessex HC2 Crab Cabs Pt II (Fly Wessex - why on earth did I?)

hendie

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

That smell of garlic seems to have abated too...

Warning! Danger Will Robinson!

I was left home alone last night while her indoors 

went off to babysit No1 Granddaughter.

I was told on her return that I now smell of garlic.

Now either this thread is catching or could it possibly

be the Italian meatballs & pasta dish I made last night?

Nah.

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Hendie Bumper Book for Boys

Available in 300 weekly editions @ $5.00 each + postage.

• Haha 6

On 3/14/2018 at 16:38, TheBaron said:

Modelling at its most Roxy Music.

One of the advantages of being an elderly gentleman is that I had the pleasure of seeing Roxy open for Mott the Hoople back in 1973. To be honest, I had never heard of Roxy before that show, but I sure knew who they were after! What a show. As my memory slowly escapes, I hope that one sticks around.   :)

19 hours ago, hendie said:

Back from my wandering travels, this time the Shangri La that is otherwise known as Detroit...

Is this a different Detroit than the one I know? Mine's in Michigan - where's this one?    :)

Back to the Wessex, this is shaping up to be another epic Hendie masterpiece. Great work on the sheepskin cushions. (Thank goodness the conversation didn't devolve into the uses that the Romans had for sheepskin.) I really need to build another helicopter. It's been a while, and you're inspiring me.   :thumbsup2:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Is this a different Detroit than the one I know?

Sadly, it's the same one.   I just have to keep telling myself that I'm going to exotic far flung places or I'd go nuts.

Today has been a day of pain.  Pain like no other.  Pain like stabbing your own eyeballs with a sharp stick... repeatedly! 

Se all these blue dots?   Well, I thought I'd try something daft (just for a change) and made all these as part of the etch last night.  I didn't expect them to actually work, but they did.  But trying to handle them...  I gave up

P3180001.jpg

But back to the instrument panel... I started gluing the panel overlays in place.  I used GS Hypo for a couple of reasons - 1, it comes with a nice fine nozzle to place glue accurately (provided you're someone else and not me!), and 2, it takes a little while to cure, giving me time to move things around to get in the right place... eventually. Oh, and 3... 3 reasons... once it's cured and iflike me, you've mucked it up and there's glue oozing from corners etc. you can very gently with a fresh scalpel blade, scrape the excess away.

P3180003.jpg

By this point, my eyes were starting to burn...  look at the size of those little boogers that I'm trying to glue in place

P3180004.jpg

But I got there and as you can clearly see, with lots of oozing glue everywhere.

P3180005.jpg

So, after my eyes began sizzling like eggs in the drying pan, I changed tack and glued on the adjustment handles for the rudder pedals.

P3180006.jpg

Then it was back to the IP again.  Being completely stupid and a glutton for punishment to boot, I discarded all the little blue dots from way above and started cutting little stubs of the finest styrene rod I had.... finest meaning smallest diameter, and not... oh never mind...

These were in turn glued onto the IP  like so....

P3180007.jpg

and then it just got worse from there... by now the sharp stick in my eyes also had thousands of little pins and needles

P3180008.jpg

Eventuality we ended up at this point.  Complete and utter madness. Madness with a capital EM.

P3180011.jpg

And here it is beside the kit part.  Was it really worth all that effort?  I dunno.

P3180009.jpg

The paint is still not fully dried in the shot above so I'm hoping it will highlight a bit more detail as it fully dries overnight.  Next up will be some color and all the fun of painting the buttons and stuff... as well as a bit of a clean up

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, hendie said:

Madness with a capital EM.

Have to disagree with you on that point Hendie. (anyway having retired from the world of mental health,I won't comment on OCD :D)

1/72 and 1/48..yes,but in that big scale when you look in the window or the gap if you have it slid back,you will realise that the work is worth it.

The downside is that sales of the Fly kit will have plummeted as there are probably only a couple of folk on here who could get anywhere near this standard.

Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Complete and utter madness. Madness with a capital EM.

Looks good though. Better than the kit part? Yes! And I think it will respond better to subsequent painting steps.

• Thanks 1

'e's a poet, but 'e don't know it.

Almost a Haiku. Clever stuff :D

I can reply with:

There once was a man from St Bees

Who was stung on the neck by a Wasp

When asked if it hurt

He said "No it didn't,

I'm so glad it wasn't a Hornet"

Some people have it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Well, I would have posted another little update last night but it appears my home IP address is being BM blocked and I can only access this site from work now.  Just to make matters more exciting, my work ITwits don't allow us to visit postimage as it's classed as a malicious site.

So....

here's a little preview of what I did last night....

:rage:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 4

Ah yes

Its the OTHER IP

the webthingy

I promise you that the instrument panel is indeed the finest I have ever seen

I am almost unbelieving though, surely he can't get the needles swinging

;)

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just Asked Google for mine

Including colon separators I have 38 digits in it, its not as simple as 121:231:54:73 which I always assumed

121: blah isn't mine either, just a example

Complicated but good news that its not BM that did this but some scummy git 'out there'

On 20/03/2018 at 4:21 PM, hendie said:

here's a little preview of what I did last night....

But is it supposed to be quite that beige?

The instrument panel is looking good and look forward to seeing it in situ.

Trevor

• Like 1