Eduard Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-4 trop 1/48th

gazza l

Hi everyone.

Here is my latest effort, which was an entry in the recent "Bf109 STGB group build". The kit was OOB apart from the Eduard Brassin engine set (which was a kit in itself). 

The kit went together relatively easily, great fit and some superb surface detailing... although the resin engine was a real pain to shoehorn in correctly.

I painted the model with Xtracolor enamels and weathered it with oil washes and pastel chalks.

Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcomed. 

gazza l

Added a little sand in these shots to give it that deserty feel.

081 - Copy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, StuCrew said:

That's awesome! I was going to post mine attemp, but I'm too embarrassed now 😀. Oo, any hints on the right colour for the props? I'm a bit stuck there. Cheers 

Thanks very much. Go on show us yours, I've shown you mine!!!  For the props I used RLM 70 Schwarzgrun Xtracolor X204.

gazza l

5 hours ago, Watcher said:

That' lovely but it looks like the decals on the wings are torn?

Yes, they are supplied like that with the kit, but you do get a choice of the worn or intact crosses.

I thought the worn ones would give it that well used look, although I couldn't find any references to suggest these were accurate.

Cheers, gazza l

4 hours ago, Watcher said:

Found this so you are bob on!

Me109-F4Trop-JG27-Yellow14-Wrk8693-Hans-

Thanks Watcher, you can't argue with that photo, concrete evidence.

51 minutes ago, bruce bay said:

One of the best 109s I have seen in ages! Really lovely. I adored the kit, but didn't dare wrestle with any resin... Seeing how your engine looks I might have to try it next time.

Thanks very much bruce bay. The engine was a bit fiddly but ultimately worth it. I did made an error somewhere during the assembly that made it difficult to fit the block into the nose section... but I'm still not sure where I went wrong. 

If you're interested here is my WIP  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235021184-eduards-desert-friedrich/

Thanks everyone for your comments, gazza l

On 20 September 2017 at 8:00 AM, gazza l said:

Thanks very much. Go on show us yours, I've shown you mine!!!  For the props I used RLM 70 Schwarzgrun Xtracolor X204.

gazza l

Haha, I've heard of people like you on the Internet! 😀 now I have the right colour for the props I'll tidy her up. 

• Like 1