Academy 1/72 F-4J or AMK 1/72 Kfir?

Valleyofvallejo

Man, I'm really stuck between chosing these two kits for one of my next builds. I would like to build the AMK Kfir (cause I'm a huge Mirage fan), but I'm not so sure as to whether it's a good choice because I'm a beginner & haven't completed the kit I'm currently working on. OTOH, the Academy F-4J is more beginner friendly, but also costs more (22 AUD for the AMK vs 32 AUD (sale price) for the Academy). I also would be building an Eduard MK.VIII Spitfire for christmas & it should mean that I wouldn't really need to buy much paint for it if I select the Kfir (due to similar camo schemes). 

Does either kit have better fit than the other? I'm specifically looking for an easy & quick build.

I don't know what the AMK KFIR goes together like but it does look like an impressive kit!

However if it's a quick build you're after, the Academy Phantom is a nice kit that is moulded in multi colour plastic and is designed in such a way that it can fit together without glue or paint for the beginner and this feature doesn't compromise the fit of the model.

I'd recommend building the Acamemy Phantom first and then do the Eduard Spitfire or KFIR as your next subject.

Hope this advice helps,

Mark