Special Hobby 1/72 Buchon (Movie Star Edition)

I had been waiting 20+ years for a 1/72 Buchon to be released.  This filled the bill. 

Typical no surprise Eastern European kit.  No locating pins, a fret of p/e, great decals, and a few resin parts thrown in.  Three choices were offered.  All from the Battle of Britain movie.  Two German and one British.  It appears they were used as not only Bf109s they were also as Spitfires (per the box).

The decals are from the kit...very thin and reacted perfectly to setting solution.  All paints used were Testor's Model Master.  I hope you like model #25 for 2017.

IMG_2317_zpsmet7dyo4.jpg

IMG_2318_zpsvjrbogrh.jpg

IMG_2319_zpsrhq4smpl.jpg

IMG_2320_zps4j6l0tja.jpg

IMG_2321_zpspmvixu3u.jpg

IMG_2322_zpsfe0ecdlk.jpg

IMG_2323_zpsdomfckie.jpg

Edited by Les Moore
  • Like 25

Nice Buchon 👍 ... Ive seen that kit on my online shop?

Im going a little off topic but since that kit is from the "Battle of Britain" movie. I've been curious if anyone here has ever considered a Group build for movie aircraft ? You'd have almost a century of war movies to base the Group build on. From WW1 to The most recent film Dunkirk ? Any type would be acceptable as long as it was used in a War Film ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the film they were in the background

of the Polish Hurricane scene. The tailplane

struts are the giveaway.

There was a fairly recent film with Buchons

disguised as Mustangs with invasion stripes!

Nice build and paint, Les, BTW.

• Thanks 1

Excellent work on that "movie star"!

BoB has been a favourite movie of mine since I first saw it at the cinema as a six year old, with my Dad.

Needless to say, I bought this Special Hobby kit for my stash too.

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

A great looking Buchon Les, and a really nice collection.  I just went to see Dunkirk where one of the Battle of Britain Movie veterans made an appearance.  According this month's Aeroplane Monthly another two of the B of B's Buchons have recently arrived in the UK for restoration to flying status, making four in total in the pipeline, including the only surviving two seater.  These were all from the cache owned by Connie Edwards for nearly fifty years.  Seems we'll soon have the best part of a Staffel of airworthy '109's' flying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meatbox...Somewhere I have an extensive article on that particular Buchon collection that (I believe) was located somewhere in Texas.  He had a slew of them and claimed he was never paid for his involvement in the movie, so he KEPT all the Buchons.  Now he is letting them go one by one eh?? Seeing a squadron of them all flying together would indeed be great.

Try this.. (fingers crossed)...www.daveswarbirds.com/bob/109s.htm    This is the URL to the article.

Thanks for your positive comment and kind words.

Great little model. Must get one some day!

Les, I don't think it was non payment but some CAF members had bought some Bouchons prior to the movie and others like here, took airframes as payment in lieu.

Much as I like a Bouchon, wouldn't it be nice to see one flying in its own colours?

Trevor

• Thanks 1

Not being much into the history of them I have to plead ignorance and ask what their "own colors" actually were.  I haven't the slightest idea.  Thanks for the kind words Trevor.

Oliver...sorry mate just now read your post...this build took me approx three days.  We had hurricane Irma come to town and delay building for three days, but all in all the time spent on actually building and painting it was 3 days.

Hi Les

I think it can best be described as a deep blue! 

Here is an example which is less

of a retinal cosh!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O_ug2V-eiTA/VX5ymyPNrRI/AAAAAAAAFOo/tiDBoQ0uQ4s/s1600/B-00-02%2B-%2Bcopia.jpg

Still very attractive.

Trevor

• Thanks 1

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 21:49, Les Moore said:

Oliver...sorry mate just now read your post...this build took me approx three days.  We had hurricane Irma come to town and delay building for three days, but all in all the time spent on actually building and painting it was 3 days.

Aha - a 109 delayed by a Hurricane - just like the old days.

Nice build too.

The ex Connie Edwards Buchons have been on the market since Edwards died a year or so ago. I presume they were disposed of by his executors and are now in the hands of dealers etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Max headroom ... Ive been going to the Kalamazoo air zoo since i was 13. I've seen that Buchon multiple times over the years. Its a medium blue to my eyes. 

Croissant Oliver ... i was the poster that asked if anyone had ever thought about a Group build for movie planes. I actually worked the idea out. I am considering proposing it for 2019 . I believe most of the available slots for next year are probably going or gone by now. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Added
  • Thanks 2

On 9/19/2017 at 11:40 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Max headroom ... Ive been going to the Kalamazoo air zoo since i was 13. I've seen that Buchon multiple times over the years. Its a medium blue to my eyes. 

Croissant Oliver ... i was the poster that asked if anyone had ever thought about a Group build for movie planes. I actually worked the idea out. I am considering proposing it for 2019 . I believe most of the available slots for next year are probably going or gone by now. 

Nice idea.  I wonder if anyone will convert a Fairchild Packet in to the Phoenix.  That would be an interesting project.

• Like 1